1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Does everyone know that 3 towers went down on 9/11?

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by burritos, Sep 13, 2006.

1. burritos

burritos Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    http://www.wtc7.net/

Why do I get the impression that less than 1 percent of the US populous knows this. 1 and 2 goes down because they were hit by planes. Why did World Trade 7 go down? I just want a valid explanation.

2. Proco

Proco Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(burritos @ Sep 13 2006, 03:29 PM) [snapback]319071[/snapback]</div>
    There's some information here if you want to check it out. There's also some conspiracy theories if you're interested.

I think the reason no one knows that WTC7 went down is there were no fatalities as a result of its collapse.

3. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

Is there some grand "moral" reason we should know in the first place? Are you somehow a "better" person being a bit more informed than the average Joe? Does this give you a more unique perspective? Bragging rights? What? lol

4. miwaku

miwaku New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mystery Squid @ Sep 13 2006, 03:46 PM) [snapback]319087[/snapback]</div>
    Actually, yes, that's it, exactly. ;)

5. darelldd

darelldd Prius is our Gas Guzzler

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mystery Squid @ Sep 13 2006, 12:46 PM) [snapback]319087[/snapback]</div>
    No way! Ignorance is a virtue! Striving for "average" is something we should all be doing so nobody gets left behind. :blink:

6. Maytrix

Maytrix Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Did it actually come down ON 9/11? I seem to recall there being damage to another building and it needing to be taken down because of that. 2 huge towers come down - it doesn't seem unreasonable to me that they damage other buildings in their path, making demolition of them necessary.

7. burritos

burritos Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mystery Squid @ Sep 13 2006, 02:46 PM) [snapback]319087[/snapback]</div>
    You don't like being informed? Your leaders like that just fine.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Maytrix @ Sep 13 2006, 05:12 PM) [snapback]319158[/snapback]</div>
    It did come down the same day. Demolition of WTC7 was probably the option that was initiated. Convenient that there were probably charges already set to go, wouldn't you say?

8. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(burritos @ Sep 13 2006, 06:26 PM) [snapback]319164[/snapback]</div>
    Those who come up with these stupid conspiracy theories should all be [​IMG]

What they should do is go out to new mexico and watch for UFOs.....
    Very un-Amerikan... :angry: :rolleyes: :huh:

9. Jeannie

Jeannie Proud Prius Granny

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Maytrix @ Sep 13 2006, 06:12 PM) [snapback]319158[/snapback]</div>
    Building 7 collapsed on 9/11. The Marriott Hotel next to the South Tower was damaged enough that it had to be demolished - I only know that because I had been a frequent weekend guest at that hotel, and asked the staff at the Marriott Courtyard in Mt. Laurel, NJ, where I was staying on 9/11, what happened to the building and staff - fortunately all the Marriott employees were unharmed, but I've always wondered about the 'small businesses' in the lobby like the hairdresser's shop and the gift shop, and how they made out. I know the staff from the theater ticket agency were ok, because I ran into one of the people from the agency at another Marriott in mid-town Manhattan in November.

I also know some of the buildings across Libery Street from the WTC suffered structural damage, and even the Marriott Financial Center hotel a couple of blocks south of the WTC had to be closed for repairs, including structural repairs.

10. Schmika

Schmika New Member

Two HUGE 110 story towers fall on 9/11 and we are supposed to wonder why another one right next to them came down as well?????

ALERT THE MEDIA!!!!!!!

11. newyawka

newyawka New Member

burritos, please stop sniffing that glue. how many times do i have to tell you? :D

12. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(darelldd @ Sep 13 2006, 04:49 PM) [snapback]319148[/snapback]</div>
    "If ignorace is bliss then wipe this smile off my face."
    -RATM

Words to mosh to.
    Words to live by.

13. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

You can have all the information you want, ain't gonna make your light bulb shine any brighter son....

:p

14. glenhead

glenhead New Member

The demo charges were activated by Elvis' alien nether-region probe, which was turned on by his guvvmint subcutaneous tracking chip (obtained during an innoculation, of course), while he was sitting in a black helicopter behind the grassy knoll! Everyone knows that!

15. Proco

Proco Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(glenhead @ Sep 14 2006, 09:52 AM) [snapback]319451[/snapback]</div>
    And, of course, the liberal media has been covering it up. :p

16. Tripod137

Tripod137 New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jeannie @ Sep 13 2006, 06:37 PM) [snapback]319170[/snapback]</div>
    There was a Marriot Hotel next to the South Tower? I thought that was the Millenium hotel?

17. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Proco @ Sep 14 2006, 10:14 AM) [snapback]319464[/snapback]</div>
    NO seriously - you missed it. The second cruise missile that was supposed to hit the Pentagon went astray and took down that structure. And the original charges set by President Bush and Cheney in the hotel failed to detonate - you know - Bush was not smart enough to set them properly although he set the ones in both WTC's perfectly enough to make it look like two hijacked planes hit them. It is amazing how those pictures of the plane hitting the South Tower looks like it did so much damage that the Tower itself withstood the initial impact long enough to lets thousands of innocent Americans leave the tower alive before the explosive charges he set detonated - Brilliant - Brilliant!

Most brilliant of all was the coordination of the whole thing - to make it look like the planes hit the EXACT spot in BOTH towers where Bush placed the charges - BRILLIANT - BRILLIANT.

Honestly, if the Islamofascits knew some of what they would be getting if they conquered this part of the world should be enough for them to lay down their suicide bombers :lol:

How about showing them what could be heading their way - wonder what obl would do with some of these higher thinkers :rolleyes:

18. kenmce

kenmce High Voltage Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Limited
    >'burritos':

>Why do I get the impression that less than 1 percent of the US populous knows this.

It wasn't photogenic and I don't think anyone died in it.

>Why did World Trade 7 go down? I just want a valid explanation.

You ask a simple, straightforward, question ~ Why did building 7 fall down? ~ and people
    come out of the woodwork to make fun of you. What, is this the Usenet or something??
    Proco is the only one who made any attempt to actually adress the question
    rather than defame your character.

It seems to be accepted that:

• No planes ( or missles, dbermanmd, or Elvis' butt) hit building 7.

• no other buildings fell on it.

• No large debris fell on it.

• It had no major fire

The only attempted explanation I have heard is that the collapse of the towers shook
    it to death. If it was a steel frame structure with reinforced cement floors it should
    take one heck of a lot of shaking to take it down. I have a problem in that the
    collapse of the towers should have produced up-and-down vibration. This would break
    all your glass and wallboard, but should leave the structure mostly OK mechanically.
    There is also the question of why it would fail totally while similar building on all sides
    were left undamaged.

I'm with Burritos - I'd like to know why it came down.

19. glenhead

glenhead New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(kenmce @ Sep 14 2006, 09:56 PM) [snapback]319888[/snapback]</div>
    Ok - then you're going to have to wait until early 2007 - that's when the official report is due out. One source that I saw said that there have been thousands of additional photographs received over the last five years, and that they provide sufficient corroboration of a huge hole in the side facing the gap between 5 and 6 (I think those were the buildings between 7 and the Twin Towers) - several stories high, and twenty feet wide. The building was built with many fewer support columns than "normal" inside, resulting in each column supporting more than 2000 square feet of the floor above. The thing I read said that the loss of a single column on the fourth or fifth floor (where the hole and the most intense fires were) would be enough to bring down the fifty-some floors above. Imagine removing a central column - the floor above would pull down and in, causing the next floor to pull down and in, resulting in the building cascading on top of itself - just like the twin towers did.

20. berylrb

berylrb Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(glenhead @ Sep 14 2006, 10:19 PM) [snapback]319892[/snapback]</div>
    Thanks Glenhead!

That's very insightful to a very interesting question. Thanks Burritos, I was part of the 1%, now I'm a 99%'er!

Couldn't it very simply be that a piece of the wing or an engine flew through the building (versus a missile)? Not to mention all sorts of legitimate covert things could have been flying through the air or in the vicinity that we mere citizens aren't aware of. Like ...

Sure it fell like a demolition, but so did the part of The Twins above where the planes hit. Quite rational to this uninformed reader.