1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Electric Window Issues

Discussion in 'Prius c Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by jonpk, Mar 14, 2014.

1. jonpk

jonpk Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    This winter my drivers side window has been very choppy and rumbles when it rolls up and down. I thought it might be related to all the snow and ice but in the last few months we have had some warmer days and it doesn't seem to make much of a difference. I've tried cleaning the window but it made no difference. I've looked around the net but I haven't seen this issue.

In the next month I'll be taking the car to the dealer for an oil change and will have them take a look and post my findings.

I took a video that documents it pretty well and you can hear the electric window stutter as it goes up and down.

2. The Electric Me

The Electric Me Go Speed Go!

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Maybe an adjustment can be made.

My 15+ year old Honda Accord had a drivers side power window that behaved very much the same. However, it kept working and because it was 15+ years old, I just chalked it up to age and inevitability.

In this case, your vehicle is so new, that I'd do exactly what you are doing. Mention it to the dealer. At least you have it documented so any worsening problems should be covered under warranty.

Hopefully it is just something they can and will fix.

jonpk likes this.
  3. Easy Rider

Easy Rider Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    This will be a good test for your dealer's service department.

It is possible......and somewhat likely, I think......that if there is a fault that needs to be fixed
    that they will blame it on YOU running the window when it was frozen shut, or partly so.

If they make that assessment without even talking to you first, it will be a bad sign for their commitment to good customer service.

4. TC400

TC400 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I had a similar issue one day then it just stopped. I would take it in and see what they say.

5. JarOfAlmonds

JarOfAlmonds Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    I had a similar issue that showed up during my first winter and brought it up when I took it into for my regular service. The solution was they needed to add more lubrication (or something of the like) on the window track. The service adviser made it seem like a common thing that happens so definitely take it in.

When I got my car back the window worked as well as it did the first day I got it.

6. type17volkswagen

type17volkswagen Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Mine started doing it this winter too (my first winter with it). I noticed it got worse with the more salt and grime the window had on it. I did notice it got better after a couple of washes.