1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Electrical system died

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by erex, Oct 15, 2014.

1. erex

erex New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    I
    I got home from work today and pressed the power button to shut the car off and the car completely died (door locks and open door dinger worked) and would not restart after multiple attempts. The dash was completely dead. I waited a couple minutes and it started just fine like normal. I went straight to the dealership that does the maintenance to have them look at it and the service manager pretty much told me that they couldn't find anything wrong with it. I have since started, driven and turned it off a few times since without any problem, differences from normal, or warning lights. This is the first time anything has ever acted up after 98500 miles.
    Ideas?!?

2. Eclipse1701d

Eclipse1701d Prius Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    Time to replace your 12volt battery... And/or, replace the battery in your key fob (CR2032). With that amount of miles, it's about time...

Rebound likes this.
  3. Rebound

Rebound Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I agree. Time for a 12V battery replacement anyway. It will very likely cure the problem with no further detective work.