1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Enginer 2010 PHEV Technical Information

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by atfsi, Aug 31, 2009.

1. atfsi

atfsi New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Well, I'm back after throwing my back out (from shoveling, not lugging batteries).....

Anyway, the buddy pack is assembled and "balanced" by hand. This is the first charge (w/o the computer...I'm still waiting for the individual usb monitors to arrive) looking for the variation between cells. I put in some charge each day and read the resting voltages the next. (there is one day w/ no charge, also the very last reading was w/ 3 days wait)

[​IMG]

Weak cells should still show up, but not quite as strongly (ie exploding ?) It would be ideal to individually measure each and every single cell and sort them to average the capacities but I'm not that patient. I'll do a few charge discharge cycles of the whole pack and try to do my balancing at the bottom.

I have to do my car work ouside so I'll be waiting for a break in the weather before it goes back in the car.....good timing for bench testing!

2. banshee08

banshee08 Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Wow, careful with the back. I put myself on the couch for a whole Sunday once working on the pack in the car. By the way which USB monitors are you using?? I am researching what is the best way to get a voltage reading to the front of the car and a notebook seems to be the best way right now.

1 person likes this.
  3. dan2l

dan2l 2014 Prius v wagon

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Hi atsfi,
    No posts for a month. How is your system doing? Can we have an update.

Thanks,
    Dan