1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Entune/IOS6 Dropped Songs from Playlist

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by DonTat, Oct 18, 2012.

1. DonTat

DonTat New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    After updating to IOS6, I am having a problem with songs not showing up in the playlist. An example: I have a playlist on my iphone 4s named "Don" which has 1400 songs. If I play it through bluetooth without connecting the iphone via usb there is no problem, all songs appear on the iphone playlist and they play fine. If I connect the iphone to the USB cable and select it from the menu on the head unit, only 12 songs appear in the "Don" playlist. Also, the same 12 songs are the only ones that will play though bluetooth when the iphone is connected to the usb connector. I contacted Toyota and they are not any help at all. It's like as soon as I connect the phone, 1,388 songs drop off the phone. I have deleted and reinstalled the Entune app, and changed out the usb cable. I was wondering if anyone is having a similar problem or has a fix. Thanks in advance, Don

2. Paradox

Paradox Prius Enthusiast / Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Moved out of the Prius v forums to the Gen III audio forum.

3. MBRGuru

MBRGuru Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    What system do you have? HDD Premium or Display Audio? How many songs / playlists do you have one your phone? If the songs show up on the phone, it's possible the phone isn't transmitting those songs as being part of the playlist to the system. You said it only started with the iOS 6 update, right? Did you try re-syncing your library?

4. tach18k

tach18k Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    If you have a iphone, hook it up to the usb and just run the phone like a iPod, dont us Etunes, see how it works then.

5. DonTat

DonTat New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I have the HDD Premium. The playlist is 1400 songs but only 12 show up. I hooked it up to a friend's Prius which is exactly like mine and it did exactly the same thing so the problem seems to be on the iphone end (or at least both Prius cars read it the same). I didn't try the re-syncing yet but will do that as soon as I can. Thanks.

6. DonTat

DonTat New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I'll try that, thanks.

7. csciguy

csciguy Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    No this is a problem. The only way I can play those songs is to use the Bluetooth and play and select the songs through the iPhone's interface.

8. jboutiet

jboutiet Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Do you use iTunes Match? I think with that feature, most of your music isn't actually on the phone, but on Apple's servers, and they get downloaded as needed. That might not work with Entunes.

9. csciguy

csciguy Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Yes I do you iTunes Match. However, those songs are downloaded because I hide all Music not on the Phone under Settings--Music on my iPhone.