Welcome to PriusChat

We'd love to have you join our community and participate in the conversation! Sign up for FREE today.

Entune listing charging stations

Discussion in 'Toyota Prius Plug-in' started by bigal, Apr 9, 2012.

Social Buttons

1. bigal

bigal Junior Member

Your Vehicle Year:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Doesn't entune support an app for finding charging stations? If it's there I can't find it. Any help out there.
  2. pip310

pip310 New Member

Your Vehicle Year:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Yes. I didn't see the app until after I updated the apps in the car while connected to the older entune running on my phone. The update took about 5 min while my phone was on wifi (parked in the driveway).
  3. CharlesH

CharlesH CA HOV Decal #00005

Your Vehicle Year:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    This is an app running on the car, as opposed to the Entune app on the phone, right? I know that the Entune apps on the car require the Entune app on the phone to be running (for Internet connectivity), but there is a UI for some of the apps on the phone, and some are accessible only on the car.
  4. pip310

pip310 New Member

Your Vehicle Year:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I didn't see it on the car. While in the car (parked in driveway) with the entune apps open on the car, I ran the entune app on the phone. The car then told me there was an entune app update and asked whether I wanted to update. After I said yes and updated, the charging station app appeared on the car (but not the phone).
  5. eddiesudz

eddiesudz Junior Member

Your Vehicle Year:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    wonder if it's only on the Advanced model?
  6. COIllini1

COIllini1 Junior Member

Your Vehicle Year:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I also would like to know whether it works on the base model.

Thanks.
  7. bigal

bigal Junior Member

Your Vehicle Year:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Scanning the Entune web site I found that charging stations are only supported on the Advanced option. So us riff-Raff have no access. Well you get what you pay for (what do you expect for $33k???). This will defer me from ever paying for the service. There are a couple of sites I have found to get charging station locs on my `Droid.
    1) ChargePoint
    Using the free (unregistered) version you can get locs. availability and cost. I think these locs may have to be associated with ChargePoint. If you sign up with 'em you buy a debit card it's really a RF card managed the same as E-Z Pass (toll card here in the east) that can access (and even reserve) a charge point and then pay.
    2) Google Maps
    I am not sure about this. I had it working such that it displayed a layer for charge stations but I haven't gotten it to show up since.