1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Entune update 3.1.0

Discussion in 'Gen 1 Prius Plug-in 2012-2015' started by mark_amdg, Nov 14, 2013.

1. Zephyr7

Zephyr7 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    to read the text select phone Hardkey and SK on messages to read the new messages.

2. zhenya

zhenya Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base

Ha, we actually just got my wife's 4s replaced as she had that exact issue after upgrading to iOS7. Wifi and bluetooth both stopped working. Replacement is ok so far.

I actually meant just tethering as in the sense of connected to entune via the usb cable. I don't have a tethering plan as it would cost me a bit of extra money every month and it wouldn't get that much use.

3. Zephyr7

Zephyr7 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    when one does a major OS upgrade, BT connection with the system may not work.
    One have to delete pairing and repair is all it takes to get it going again.

4. zhenya

zhenya Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base

If that was directed at me, the issue is more serious than that. Some users, my wife included, are finding that their 4s will not even allow them to turn on the wifi or bluetooth radios after updating. Factory restore does not fix the issue. Apple replaced the device under warranty.

5. badboy99

badboy99 Member

Vehicle:
    2003 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Marin / San Rafael

6. davekro

davekro Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I am not grandfathered. I have a $25 per month 2 GB data plan for my iPhone 4s which I come nowhere near using. Unfortunately with AT&T, even if you have a grandfathered unlimited data plan or if you just don't use all the data on your plan, you're not allowed to tether unless you have a "tethering plan". That certainly sucks, but it's AT&T's game so it is not just data, they get to say no tethering even if you had the available data.

7. mark_amdg

mark_amdg Junior Member

Click on the telephone button on your steering wheel then touch the 'mail' icon on the left side to view your texts. It'll read it to you.

8. vajratlr

vajratlr Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base

I got the 3.1.0 update finally but my map night/day auto adjustment still doesn't work! Did you have to do anything other then selecting the auto setting.

9. M12

M12 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base

try turning down the brightness of the gauges off from the full brightness setting. Its the dial on left of steering wheel.

10. Priusmpg

Priusmpg Active Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    sometimes the dial on the lower left of the steering wheel is "clicked" to full, just "un-clicking" it one step should fix it like M12 said

11. vajratlr

vajratlr Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Thanks, that did work! But I'm now convinced that night mode is worthless. You can't even see the street you're on.

12. davekro

davekro Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I too have found 'night mode' too dark to read. Good tip to turn (click) the roller adjuster up to high to increase map back lighting. I'll have to try that. (y)

13. M12

M12 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base

Night mode is junk. Its way too dark and day mode is like a light show at night but I can where im navigating to. I would hope they change night mode to something inbetween

14. Prius Team

Prius Team Toyota Marketing USA

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Hello everyone,

This thread was brought to our attention by one of the community members. Though it seems that you’ve mostly figured out what’s been going on, I wanted to officially weigh in with some answers to your common questions.

First, the 3.1 update is for Display Audio systems with Navigation/Entune. It is not for the HDD Premium Audio/Navigation systems. The update is not available over the air and must be performed by a dealer with a USB. It is free, however, it will not automatically be flagged if you go in for other service, so if you are interested in having the update, please stop by your dealer and specifically ask for the update to be performed (it’s fast, as others have confirmed). If someone goes to their dealership and mentions an issue with their Entune/Navigation on the Display Audio system, the dealer will check to see if the vehicle has the 3.1 update and if not will perform it. We are currently working on a method to provide our customers with a better line of communication for updates and the ability to get the latest updates yourselves or by visiting your local dealer. We are hoping to deliver that new system in 2014. In the meantime, please visit your dealers for the updates. Since many of you have asked what was included in the 3.1 update, please see the below list for potential conditions being experienced which will be fixed by this update.

Best,
    Erica Gartsbeyn

Prius Product Manager
    Toyota USA

2012 model year vehicles equipped with a Display Audio Navigation System and Entune (version
    less than 2.1.0) may exhibit one or more of the following conditions:
    • Vehicle orientation slow to update after vehicle startup
    • Five Bing™ search results are not all displayed on the map
    • Voice recognition destination request does not provide feedback
    • Voice recognition for POI search displays "Function not available" message
    "Car Multimedia" device name cannot be changed
    2012 – 2013 model year vehicles equipped with a Display Audio Navigation System (Non-HDD) and
    Entune (version less than 2.2.0) may exhibit one or more of the following conditions:
    “Address non-navigable” message when using the navigation system
    • Head unit audio does not switch correctly between day and night modes
    • Dynamic re-route navigation setting is not remembered after ignition cycle
    • Traffic Radius Filter setting is not remembered after ignition cycle
    “You have arrived at your destination” message gives incorrect side of street
    • Head unit does not display incoming iPhone® iOS 6 text message sender ID
    • Head unit does not fully display incoming iPhone® iOS 6 text messages which include carriage
    returns (line breaks)
    2012 – 2014 model year vehicles equipped with a Display Audio Navigation System (Non-HDD) and
    Entune (version less than 3.1.0) may exhibit one or more of the following conditions:
    • Turn-by-turn guidance is not given when routing through unverified roads (“In Process Map
    Data” message displays in turn list)
    • Call volume through speakers is very loud upon first-time phone pairing (for Highlander, Tacoma,
    and Venza vehicles with JBL)
    • iPod® and iPhone® (in iPod mode) autoplays when connected via USB
    • Bluetooth® (BT) devices (in Bluetooth audio mode) autoplays when connected to the system
    Updated system software is now available to address these conditions.

15. ChinchillaGirl

ChinchillaGirl OrcaCar

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four

16. ChinchillaGirl

ChinchillaGirl OrcaCar

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    ^^^^^
    Sorry that I added my request and response to the post from Toyota. Not sure how I did it, and can't fix it. But my questions to Toyota remain...

17. Paul Leclair

Paul Leclair New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    So to update my issues with getting the update, my local Toyota dealership's service manager finally let me know that he figured out what we needed to do and got the USB key. He had me come in anytime (no appointment needed). I went in last night after work. Drove into the bay. The service manager wasnt available so one of the guys at the desk got the key and handed it to me and said have at it. I put the key in and let the update run and 5 minutes later, I gave it back to them and on my way I went.

I have to say, I agree with those who have said that the night mode on the maps is crap. You can't see the streets and all you see is your directional lines and that's it. Hopefully I can find an adjustment for that. It does seem to boot faster. I did notice that one bug that I was having with 2.1 is still there. Take an iphone 5, don't tether it. Try to run the Weather app. It will want to try to connect. Let it. Wait a few minutes until it fails or just cancel it after a couple of minutes. Play music... wait a moment.. try to run another app. BOOM.. it locks and reboots.

Other than all that, it does seem to be an improvement on the voice commands prompting and the speed of processing of voice commands.

18. Prius Team

Prius Team Toyota Marketing USA

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    ChinchillaGirl,

I'm so sorry to hear about your challenges with the system and the update through our dealers. We do hope the upcoming portal will solve much of the confusion and inconsistent experiences our customers are having. As I represent the marketing department and not the customer service department, I'd recommend you reach out to the Customer Experience Center for some assistance at this point. All dealers should be equipped to handle the update, but it's worth you logging your experiences with the Customer Exp Center so they can follow up with the dealers you've been to and make the experience better for the next person. They should also be able to assist in reconciling your issues with whatever dealer you choose to visit at this point. If it helps, my understanding is that the Toyota Service Bulletin associated with this update is T-SB-0051-13. You might want to reference that when you contact the Experience Center.

Support | Toyota.com

Best,
    Erica Gartsbeyn
    Prius Product Manager
    Toyota USA

19. ftl

ftl Explicator

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I had my 2012 Prius c in for its 15,000 mile service today, and when I booked the appointment on line I requested the Entune 3.1.0 update. I also told the service writer that I had the problem with my iPhone automatically playing every track in alphabetical order whenever I connected it to the USB port, and asked him to note the Entune update on the work order.

A little while later he came out to tell me the car was ready, and he said the electrical guy told him there were two different kinds of USB cable and that was my problem. I told him it was nothing to do with the cable, and that I knew it could only be fixed by doing the Entune update from the USB stick provided by Toyota. I was getting ready to show him Erica's detailed post #74 above, but he went away mumbling "Entune" to himself, and a few minutes later I got the car back - with the update.

Before I left the dealer I confirmed that they had actually installed 3.1.0 by checking the version shown on the setup screen, and while I haven't yet tried any of the other fixes, my iPhone no longer autoplays when it's connected via USB.

Rebound and markabele like this.
  20. retired4999

retired4999 Prius driver since 2005

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Had my Entune system udated today from 1.7.4 to 3.1.0.
    I was in and out in about 20 minutes and that included the coffee and donuts!
    Everything went really fast and easy. Now I have to go out and play with things again to make sure they work.
    I'm sure they will be fine! :D