1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Entunes Update Arrived, my findings....

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Muzzman1, Jul 6, 2012.

1. Muzzman1

Muzzman1 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    The install went without a hitch. Prior to install I made a backup of previous system through the menus I found an option to "copy to USB" I put a empty USB and made a backup (just in case)
    Here's my first impressions....
    1.) Is it just me or is the map resolution higher/better?
    2.)There's voice recognition everywhere I need it, such as to perform a Bing search, hit the button, tell it to "Find...." Good results every time.
    3.)Playing Pandora through the Apps is FINALLY the same quality as playing through bluetooth!
    4.) Iheartradio, Opentable movie..blah blah....I don't use those so I can't comment

Over all, I am Stoked because all the things that bugged me about the system are fixed.

Thanks Toyota!

2. Big Steve

Big Steve ramblin wreck

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Muzzman, you said Entune update arrived. Did you mean a USB stick or over the air?

Do you remember whereabouts, at least approximately, the copy to USB selection was?

3. yueq

yueq Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I received the update on a 2GB USB stick.

4. Muzzman1

Muzzman1 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    ...I just checked: Car/General/(arrow down)System information/Copy to USB I might add after doing it, I looked at the files copied, and it looks like it is just saving personal settings, not the actual system ROM. The saved data was only around 17MB while the iso is around 300MB.

The Entune update arrived via Snail Mail with a USB stick from Toyota.

I uploaded the ISO here in case you don't feel like waiting. Simply put it on a FAT 32 formatted usb memory stick and plug it in while the car is on and not driving:

https://www.rapidshare.com/files/469234457/swdl.iso

5. Scott Hanselman

Scott Hanselman New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
  6. csciguy

csciguy Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    My findings so far besides those mentioned were
    1. New icons for the POIs or at least they are in color in the settings portion.
    2. Some of the fonts seems a little larger for the Music and Buttons and Audio Buttons updated too.
    3. My iPod/iPhone Music when it doesn't have Album Art it shows the Genre Name and a genric Art of that Type.
    4. The Navigation interface has a few cosmetic changes as far as mapping I need to check my common route.
    I'm sure there are more.