1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

EV/HV Battery Icon question

Discussion in 'Gen 1 Prius Plug-in 2012-2015' started by LurkAzusa, Jun 5, 2012.

1. LurkAzusa

LurkAzusa Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Before I had the 12v battery replaced the battery icon would show the separate bars in EV mode and solid in HV mode. Now it always shows separate bars in both. Anyone else seeing this?

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    mine is solid til it gets down to 1 mile ev range then changes to barred. you had your 12v replaced already?

3. I am totally confused, could you take a pic of what you are describing? I am also wondering why you changed the 12V ?

4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    are you plugging in lurk?

5. Allannde

Allannde Just a Senior

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Also are you showing any EV miles remaining?

I had to disconnect (and reconnect) my 12v battery to install hand controls and it had no effect on this readout.

6. LurkAzusa

LurkAzusa Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Yes. I'm plugging in. When in EV mode it should be a solid looking green, but it has the separated bars, like HV. I'll see about getting a photo tomorrow. Sorry, my original post explained it in reverse.

The battery went dead after sitting in a hotel parking lot for a week. No reason, such as lights on, low gas or anything.

7. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    when in ev mode, my battery icon has black lines showing the level of charge. when in hv, i'm not sure if it changes but it definitely goes to separate bars when it runs out of ev charge.

8. Without running out to my garage and looking, I believe that if there is sufficient EV charge the icon displays in green, When the EV is depleted and the machine goes to HV, that battery disappears and another battery displays to the left on the upper display which I take to be the remainder of the HV battery, usually showing full, at that point. I can't figure out why Toyota didn't display a nice big HV to show that mode! I don't remember any black lines, but I'll look tomorrow . Also that black car is very difficult to make out.