Welcome to PriusChat

We'd love to have you join our community and participate in the conversation! Sign up for FREE today.

Florida HOV Sticker Renewal

Discussion in 'Gen II Prius Main Forum' started by Vincent, Mar 24, 2007.

Social Buttons

1. Vincent

Vincent Don't Wait Until Tomorrow

Your Vehicle Year:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I received my Prius Florida registration renewal application a few weeks ago, which does not cover the separate HOV sticker. Both my registration and HOV sticker expire at the end of "4/07". Does anyone know if the HOV sticker renewal eventually arrives? The State DMV website only has applications for the original HOV sticker; nothing for renewals?

Thanks,
  2. dwdean

dwdean Member

Your Vehicle Year:
    2008 Prius

LOL....I found this post via a Google search....

I take it you know by now that the answer is "NO". According to the e-mail I got from the Broward County tag office, the Florida HOV stickers don't get a renewal notice. They told me that I could send:

1. A copy of the existing HOV Registration (the one for the HOV sticker itself, not the regular tag)
    2. A note requesting renewal
    3. A check for $5.65 (yes, for those not living in Florida, that's all it costs here.)
    Along with my regular renewal and they'd take care of it.

Not exactly trusting DMV (they've been wrong on a couple of other things) I'm trying to back that up. However, if it doesn't work, the check isn't for an ungodly amount and I am writting it to a governmental agency...
  3. Soylent

Soylent It's not a station wagon! It's just big boned

Your Vehicle Year:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    You can also just go to a local DMV or tag renewal office
  4. robertcbrew

robertcbrew New Member

Your Vehicle Year:
    2006 Prius
    Go to

www3.hsmv.state.fl.us/Intranet/dmv/Forms/BTR/83027.pdf

for the form; download it and fill it out (instructions are on the form). As mentioned by other members, a copy of the original HOV sticker registration is helpful. A check for $5.65 is required if renewing by mail.

I set a yearly calendar reminder to mail out the renewal for my HOV sticker; the sticker expires at the same date as the license registration (usually near your DOB )