1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Foot Lights?

Discussion in 'Gen 1 Prius Plug-in 2012-2015' started by bilofsky, Mar 26, 2012.

1. bilofsky

bilofsky Privolting Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Chevy Volt
    The customization table (manual 6-2) shows that "Foot lights" (if so equipped) and "Foot lights operation when the vehicle is running" can be turned off by the dealer.

Is the PIP "so equipped?" If so, when do they normally turn on and off?

2. CharlesH

CharlesH CA HOV Decal #5 on former PiP

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    At least the Advanced package has them. I didn't notice exactly when they come on. The "can be turned off by dealer" part means that is one of the options that the dealer can tweak through the OBD port.

1 person likes this.
  3. Tracksyde

Tracksyde Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    The base model has them too. They are kind of amber/orange in color. I thought they were only on when the door was open.

1 person likes this.
  4. bilofsky

bilofsky Privolting Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Chevy Volt
    But there is an option to turn off "Foot lights operation when the vehicle is running."

Does "running" mean turned on, or moving? Wouldn't you want them automatically off when moving (but not when just turned on)? And how to turn them on manually - for example if a passenger drops something?

And is this the only PIP feature that the manual doesn't cover in detail?

5. Tracksyde

Tracksyde Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I havent had a chance to review the manual, but this is probably off by default. I was in the car last night and saw the foot lights were on when the door was open. After closing the door, the interior lights stayed on for a few seconds and then turned off. I checked the foot lights and saw they had turned off as well. When I manually turned on the interior lights, the foot lights did not appear to turn on with them. So it seems to me they are only on when the door is open (independent of the dome/map lights) and they are not on while the car is moving.