1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Front parking sensors

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by marrat, Sep 4, 2015.

1. marrat

marrat Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    I have a 2010 Prius, the highest trim model here in the Netherlands. What I can't figure out is whether I have front parking sensors or not. I thought the small circle in the front was a parking sensor (marked in the image), but nothing beeps when I walk in front of it (when car is in D). So if that thing is not a sensor, what is it? If it is a sensor, could it be disabled somehow? The car in the image is not my car btw.

2. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    The "buttons" or "rivets" in the bumper cover are for the sensors. If you have Intelligent Park Assist there is a button on the lower dash to the right. On the camera display below the image there are two vertical red lines that are aligned with the ends of the rear bumper and a line drawing of the car. Sorry, I couldn't find a photo.

If you actually use IPA several targeting overlays are displayed.

3. marrat

marrat Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    I do have IPA, but I used it once and gave up on it. It works, but it's very slow. So the front sensors can only be activated when I use IPA? Or are they activated when I push that button? I saw the button, but I never used it since the IPA starts when you put the car in reverse and select a parking space on the screen.
    In my previous car, the sensors were on when I put the car in D and the car was below 20KM/h.

4. cproaudio

cproaudio Speedlock Overrider

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    The front sensor is only for IPA and nothing else. If you want front parking sensors to work in D you'll have replace them with aftermarket sensors and control module.