1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Fuel ionization for increased MPG

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Fuel Economy' started by adrenalinwill, May 24, 2004.

1. adrenalinwill

adrenalinwill New Member

Anyone heard of this ionization process to increase fuel economy? I'm thinking of getting one and is looking for two other Prius owners to take advantage of the buy two get one free offer.

http://www.easympg.com/

An increase in 27% means 162 more miles on a tank. It also means a jump from 50 MPG to 63 MPG with the same driving conditions.

2. DonDNH

DonDNH Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    quote]Anyone heard of this ionization process to increase fuel economy?[[/quote]

These, or variations of them, have been around since I was a kid. The short story is don't waste your money. The theory sounds good, the science to back it up is absent. Several reputable automotive magazines have tested these MPG devices and flatly state they are a waste of money.

3. miniracer

miniracer New Member

These, or variations of them, have been around since I was a kid. The short story is don't waste your money. The theory sounds good, the science to back it up is absent. Several reputable automotive magazines have tested these MPG devices and flatly state they are a waste of money.[/QUOTE]These "devices" come in all sorts of esoteric forms, copper wire windings, magnets, "polarizers", and on and on. They have been around forever and their ONLY benefit is that the gullible pay the money and the sellers chuckle all the way to the bank. The advertisements usually ramp up when the price of fuel increases.

4. adrenalinwill

adrenalinwill New Member

Got it. Nothing like the power of collective info sharing!

Cudos to Danny!

5. mikepaul

mikepaul Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
  6. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I can't believe that this thing is still around after all these years. After you buy that I have a set of high performance door handles it will take 5 seconds off your 0-60, increase your top speed to 280, and decrease your m.p.g. by 20!
    Henry