1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Great new Edmunds review with tons of high res pictures

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by jordanzelda23, Mar 5, 2012.

1. The Electric Me

The Electric Me Go Speed Go!

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    People can "like" whatever they like. I personally think the Gen 2 Prius's dashboard mounted dongle was the best application of something different or "advanced".

I think it's ridiculous that Toyota basically built a flying buttress in their Gen 3 that really doesn't do anything but take up space and place the "dongle" in what? In the nostalgic position that standard gearshifts normally exist.

Dongle or Imitation Gearshift, you do need some way of inputing to the vehicle. I don't have any problem with The Prius C's "nostalgic" gear shift.

I'd hope in the future perhaps Toyota goes backwards and places the "dongle" back on the dash, thus creating more room.

I think declarations that one position or method is more "sophisticated" or "advanced" are purely subjective. Both the Dongle on the flying buttress, and the Faux Gear Shift in the Prius C, ultimately do the same thing.

I really don't see why "Flicking The Dongle"...pardon me...is more sophisticated or advanced..than sliding the gear shift.

Yeah, I personally think I like the "standard" looking Gear Shift in The Prius C better than the Dongle on the Flying Buttress of the Gen 3. But neither would be a deal maker or breaker for me.

And I think people are free to have their own opinions about what they like best, or feel the most comfortable with.

To someone outside of The Prius world....first instinct, and reaction is going to be that the faux Gear Shift of the Prius C is more "Real Car"...

Is that a fair evaluation? Probably not. But it is how a lot of people will view it. I think owners of the Flying Dongled Buttress...Gen 3's need to lighten up.

In the end? Dongle or Faux Gear Shift...everyone is just putting HSD into drive....and that's a good thing.

2. SageBrush

SageBrush Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    ^^
    Lexus did a good job with the gear shifter in my CTh: Big enough handle to grip easily, out of the way to save space.

The "buttress" as you call it is storage space.

3. TheSpoils

TheSpoils Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    II

My real world commute, as opposed to my alternate universe commute. lol
    I like the C, might trade my aging altima hybrid.