1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Head unit upgrade and loss of Intelligent Parking Assist

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Stibbzy, Feb 17, 2014.

1. Stibbzy

Stibbzy New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi guys,

Posted this originally in the Prius v forum by mistake. I have recently bought a 2010 Prius I-Tech, which is an Australian variant of the Prius which most closely matches the feature set of the US Prius 5 with ATP package. I've been looking through the threads on PriusChat and cannot seem to find an answer to this question: Is there any aftermarket head unit upgrade that retains the Intelligent Parking Assist (IPA) functionality?

I'd like to upgrade the head unit to something which sounds a little better and offers better A2DP streaming (the Australian Prius I-Tech doesn't offer stock Bluetooth streaming and the GROM Audio unit I am currently using to achieve this is temperamental). Everything I read suggests that you loose IPA if you do this upgrade, and while I know most people probably won't miss the feature, I personally find it very useful.

Can anyone offer any advice? Thanks!

2. Stibbzy

Stibbzy New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    *bump - anyone?

3. Stibbzy

Stibbzy New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    hmm, no-one at all?

4. frodoz737

frodoz737 Top Wrench

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Search Member ShawnB2 here at PC. His was a Level 5 with ATP. He ended up replacing his HU with a Kenwood DNX9980, but he did loose those functions. I have not heard of any aftermarket that retains those function though, so you just might have to make a choice of which you prefer, parking or music. Let us know if you find a solution. Best Wishes.