1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

headlight retrofitting

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by nelsgee, Oct 23, 2010.

1. nelsgee

nelsgee New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    i'm thinking about retrofitting my 05 w/ hid to fx-r projectors. if i use my stock lamps i can use my stock ballasts but i'll be without headlights until i complete my mod. so i was thinking about buying a second pair of lamps off of ebay. the only thing ebay rarely has hid lamp housings. does anyone know if the halogen lamps have the ballast compartment?

2. sfv41901

sfv41901 Masta S

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Yes, the halogen lights have the area for the ballasts, but it needs to be cut out. Your OEM ballast will be fine to use. If you have the D2 type ballasts, your in great shape. If you have the D4 type, then youll need to cut a notch in the D4 bulb to fit in the FX-R since they are made for a D2S bulb. You cannot interchange bulbs & ballasts. So if you have D2S/D2R ballasts, you have to use D2 bulbs. If you have the D4S/D4R ballasts, you have to use the D4 bulb.

3. fluxcapacitor3000

fluxcapacitor3000 New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    retrofits are awesome