1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Headrest DVD Players

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Family Hybrid, Jan 5, 2007.

1. Family Hybrid

Family Hybrid Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Have any of you installed headrest DVD players in your Prius? The wife wants to have it in our next purchase (Prius or TCH).

2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Toyota Canada has the rear seat entertainment system for the Camry as a dealer-installed accessory if you wish to stick with OEM equipment and get a warranty on the accessory. It comes with two screens on the headrests, wireless headphones and a DVD player (as shown in the Canadian brochure).

3. Family Hybrid

Family Hybrid Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tideland Prius @ Jan 6 2007, 01:18 AM) [snapback]371673[/snapback]</div>
    Toyota Motor Sales USA doesn't offer one, although Southeast Toyota Distributors (NC and states south) offers a port installed one. My local dealer sells Invision DVD Headrest Monitors and installs them at the dealership for $2000. I don't think it would be much cheaper on the outside, and the dealer will warrenty the system for 3yrs/36000 miles.

4. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    It's Cdn$1,783.50 incl. installation as listed on the Canadian website...it says headrest DVD 7" but I don't know if that incls. the DVD player lol.

Anyway, seems like you have it sorted out.

I hope the others chime in. I do know there are several PCers who have installed rear entertainment systems. I think docvijay has one. PM him.