1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Hello. I'm new here :)

Discussion in 'Prius c Accessories and Modifications' started by Watauga, Nov 2, 2014.

1. Watauga

Watauga New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Six days ago I totaled my beloved special edition 2010 beetle in a deer accident. On Friday I bought a. 2014 Prius C in the Habenero orange color.

I drove a 2015 beetle and hated it. They are now the same as any other car inside and out. I decided that if I was going to have something different I was going to have something different that was affordable in everyday. I got a good price, I got zero percent financing and I'm going to save about 1,200 a year on gas.

Don't hate me, but I'm trying to make my new Prius be a bit more beetle like. Any suggestions? I kept my PNCHBUG license plates, I took my 1950s script Vw badge that I had on the back end of my beetle and put it over the steering wheel so only I could see it. I'm getting a vase with a daisy to attach to the dash.

I need more chrome. I need much better rims or whatever the atrocious things are over the tires. I'm a girl who loves her car to be the car all other cars wish they were.

I plan to raise my new girl as a VW as I am in many volkswagen clubs and don't plan to leave. I do have my 66 and 67 beetles still of course.

Anyway, suggestions? I think the Prius is more Volkswagen than Volkswagen is now for new cars. Volkswagen means People's Car. I think they need to add rich to the name for new models.

Burna J likes this.
  2. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    You're going to have a hard time making a Prius C into a Volkwagen Beetle. PNCHBUG would work if you just had a bunch of dead bugs on your windshield and not wash them off....

nzpixie and Silver bullit like this.
  3. The Electric Me

The Electric Me Go Speed Go!

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    When I was a child a favorite aunt of mine drove a late 60's VW bug. I grew up associating that vehicle with "fun". I think it did affect my choice in vehicles as an adult. I was never afraid of "different" or "efficient" or "small".

I do think The Prius in some circles has a similar unique and individual popularity akin to the devotion VW bug owners showed for their vehicles. Prius ARE different. I do think in some ways, they are as close to the equivalent of a VW today. Or I think, that many people that would of been driving VW's in the late 60's and 70's would be driving Prius today.

I also agree with you, the new VW bugs are just "wrong" IMO. Seems like VW toned them down to make them look more mainstream, but now in my opinion they are just boring looking, or like you say,- just another car.

Whatever you decide to do to make your Prius uniquely yours is fine. BUT...you won't be able to make it a VW, because it isn't one. If you are a big VW devotee I hope you can be happy with your Prius. I think instead of trying to make your Prius more VW like...you are going to have to learn to embrace the Hybrid Priusness of your Prius.

You still own VW bugs, right? So it's not like all your VW ties are severed.

I think you can love your VW bugs AND learn to embrace and love your Prius....as a Prius. Personally? That's what I would do. I wouldn't want to dress my Prius up as a VW....even though I do respect Volkswagens.

4. Watauga

Watauga New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    If I could figure out how to post pictures here off my iPad, I would

5. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    welcome and congrats! maybe remove a part in the engine bay every now and again, to get that 'ah, i'm here at the dealer getting more repairs' feeling you had with vdub. all the best!:p

6. Sergiospl

Sergiospl Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Glad you ask! Just don't put VW's accessories on it! pink-vw-bug-eyelashes-300x225.jpg :D
    Welcome!

7. Watauga

Watauga New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I didn't have many problems with my dub, so I wasn't at the dealership all that much. :)

Those are just silly ^ ugh. I've seen it in person and it's worse.

8. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    i'm just yankin' yer chain.:)

Watauga likes this.