1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

HELP! $1,100 for 2005 GPS update?!?!?!!?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by DavidSpEd, Jan 29, 2007.

1. DavidSpEd

DavidSpEd New Member

I just asked at the dealer about updating my GPS system (from 2005 Prius) and was told that the DVD costs $1,100. I could not believe this. Are there any other less (much less) expensive options for me? I have found that there are new streets that exist but are not in the system, and businesses in the system that are out of business when I drive up to them.
    :(
    Thanks.
    Dave
    PS I am new here and am glad to have found you guys.

2. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Find a different dealer, or order your update online.

Tom

3. jesart

jesart Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DavidJohn @ Jan 29 2007, 09:16 PM) [snapback]382587[/snapback]</div>

Wow! That much for a DVD update. I would call different dealerships and get some more quotes. It looks to me that your dearlership is trying to rip you off. Then again, that's kinda typical with dearlerships! I believe the DVD update should only be around $300 dollars or so. Do a search in the treads. I think someone else was trying to update their NAV DVD here on Priuschat. Good Luck!

4. jezroj

jezroj New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I believe there was a post here about 2 weeks ago from Metro Toyota offering the new DVD for $235, why don't you contact Metro Toyota's Parts Department and ask them for the price. Make sure to let them know that you heard about it at PriusChat and maybe get a discount.

Here is a copy of the post

I wanted to let everyone know that the most current navigation update disk is now available from Toyota. I am willing to give PC members a break on the price. Unfortunately the mark-up is small so the discount is not as great as we would all like, but I am doing what I can to help. I will make them available for $225.00 plus shipping instead of $250.00 plus shipping. Disks will take approximately 3-4 weeks from the order date to get to your door. Toyota's policy, "Returns are not permitted for any reason, please forecast your inventory carefully." Since Toyota does not permit returns from me for any reason I will have to have the same policy with all of you. I will also not be stocking any disks, they will be ordered on an as needed basis. Please keep this in mind. Please contact me if you are interested in placing an order. Thanks.

--------------------

Jesse Wright
    Internet Parts Sales
    Metro Toyota
    Cleveland, Ohio
    [email protected]
    www.metrotpn.com

5. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    Remember, when you do order, make sure it's one for the 2005. There are 2 versions, one for the 2004-2005 and one for the 2006+ due to the enhancement in graphics. Also, I understand that the 6.1 version does away with the override trick that you can do on the 2004-2005. Version 5.1 should allow that, though.