1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

HELP! Brake Light Dash-ABS Modular Pmpw/Resistor Dealer Says Needs?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by 4-robinsnest, May 22, 2014.

1. 4-robinsnest

4-robinsnest Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    II
    Prius 2008 VIN# JTDKB20UX87711547 Brake Light on Dash Illuminated. ABS Pump Module Part #44510-47050 was on car when purchased used. We ordered a replacement part #44510-47050 from Car-part.com That did not work? Now the Dealer says Actuator Pump Assembly needs to be part #44500-47140 with an under the dash resistor that was manufactured as a pair/matching set for this VIN #...?
    How do I know which one that it actually needs? I have already been charged $700 + for changing the replacement part #44510-47050 from Car-part.com ?? : ( Parts Dealers know nothing/ or do not understand the under the dash resistor/manufactured as a matching pair issue (according to Toyota Dealer, new wholesale for $1,300.00+ ?)
    Has anyone ever heard of this ABS Pump Module Part that requires a dash resistor pair/matching set... ? Why wouldn't the 1st. part ordered have worked ? Please advise... Any assistance would be greatly appreciated ! [email protected]

2. 4-robinsnest

4-robinsnest Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    II
  3. MTL_hihy

MTL_hihy Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    First you should have gotten the codes (likely "C" codes) before ordering any parts and post it on here so we could guide you on what might be the issue.

Never heard of the matched resistor issue the dealer mentioned but I see the acutator assy does come with a new resistor.

See here:
    Toyota Prius Brake Actuator Assembly 44500 47140 Fast Shipping | eBay