1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Help!!! Cracked rear spoiler on Prius 2010

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by bjtab, Mar 6, 2015.

1. bjtab

bjtab New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    I
    Thanks ahead of time if someone can answer my question. I have a cracked rear spoiler that needs replacement. It is black plastic. My question is can it be replaced just as it is or does it need to be coated and finished? The one on my car seems to be just shiny black plastic. The auto body shop is telling me it needs to be finished with a clear coating over it. Since money is tight can I forego the finishing and just have it replaced the way it is? Also, if anyone on this post lives on Long Island, NY and knows of a reputable and reasonable body shop. please send me an email.

Thanks again!

2. RRxing

RRxing Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Limited
    All Gen III spoilers are shiny black plastic. I'm not aware of any clear coating on it. Check out some on-line parts sites for comparative pricing.

As for an auto body shop, for the (thankfully!) few times I've needed it, these folks do decent work:
    Mid Island Collision
    20 Lakeview Ave, Rockville Centre, NY 11570
    (516) 415-0356