1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Help needed pulling wires through the rear hatch into the car

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by rrolff, Sep 25, 2009.

1. rrolff

rrolff Prius Surgeon

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I'm trying unsucessfully to run a wire from the hatch to the car (for rear camera) - I have fish tape, but getting through there is a bear - any suggestions?

TIA

I'll post pics when I'm done (already installed the cam - just needing to move the cam signal).

2. dwhutch

dwhutch New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Is the camera located on the hatch door? Generally in cars if you remove interior panels you can follow an existing harness. Since most use split plastic conduit you can tuck the wire inside. Fish tape in cars has not been too helpful for me. It would be good to see some pictures of what you are trying to do.

3. rrolff

rrolff Prius Surgeon

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    On the hatch door, means you must route the cable through a small rubber grommet thing between hatch and car - and I can't figure it out (????????)?

I can't be the only one???

4. atfsi

atfsi New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Gave up on that one...used the wireless PEAK backup camera....only had to go as far as the wiper motor for power...

5. rrolff

rrolff Prius Surgeon

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Yes - it would seem that's an easy way - but many have done this, I just can't get details.... I'm close, and hope to finish my install this decade :rolleyes:

6. ALL_600D

ALL_600D New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I routed my Sirius antenna wire through the same grommet. I will take pictures of how the wire is routed. It's dark out right now so pix should be up by tomorrow noon/afternoon. It also depends if your camera wiring has RCA's. If so, it's going to be a tight fit. The plug end of the SIRIUS antenna is a little big itself but I managed to pull it through.