1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Hill Start Assist Control Icon/Check PCS System/ABS(!) lights on

Discussion in 'Gen 1 Prius Plug-in 2012-2015' started by mdaltman, Sep 21, 2012.

1. mdaltman

mdaltman Junior Member

The 2012 Prius Plus-In was left alone in the garage for three weeks. My daughter used it one day, and when we returned home the car would not start. Charged the battery, car started, but I have all these messages on the screen. CHECK PCS SYSTEM in the center. PCS blinking orange in the top right. ABS (!) in orange in the top right under the PCS blinking message. Hill Start Assist Control icon in orange in the top left, and ! in an orange triangle under that.
    How do I clear out these error messages? Or do I have a real problem with my two month old, very expensive new Prius?

2. john1701a

john1701a Prius Guru

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    That gives the impression you've encountered the same problem many new owners do... a stumbled start. In other words, the timing of your foot & hand motions overlapped.

Pushing the power button as the brake peadal is still in motion will light up the dashboard. Not noticing the sequence is very easy to overlook.

Fully depress the brake completely, wait a second, then push the power button.

robertmaria likes this.