1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Holiday Break Modding

Discussion in 'Prius c Accessories and Modifications' started by Jeffred, Dec 18, 2013.

1. Jeffred

Jeffred Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    So over the holiday, I plan to install the Shark Fin antenna, and Body Molding. The parts are sitting in my office now, awaiting the slightly warmer/clearer weather. Are there any tips or tricks y'all can offer me in doing these projects? These will be the first time I'm modding a car in this fashion.

2. Fore

Fore Don't look back!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Yes! measure twice cut once. Or in your case measure twice adhere once. Make sure to use alcohol wipes liberally to surface area. Use masking tape to line up each item before mounting. I guess these suggestions are a no brainer!

3. ftl

ftl Explicator

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    For any pressure-sensitive adhesive there's a temperature below which it won't adhere properly. Check the manufacturer's specs on both the shark fin and the body molding, and make sure the car body is warm enough before you do the installation.

4. Fore

Fore Don't look back!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II

I use to live in San Diego for many years so surface temperature should not be an issue. I'ts constantly above 50 degrees there. Another suggestion is use a small roller pin of some kind to adhere the body side moldings. Keep going over it once in awhile for a few days.

5. Jeffred

Jeffred Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Oh, and I forgot, I've got the number for the window tinter the BMW dealerships in the area use. He works independently, and he comes to where your vehicle is to do the work. So I think I'll have the windows tinted over the break too.