1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

How do some businesses profit being promoted by spammers?

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Chuck., May 4, 2013.

1. Chuck.

Chuck. Former Honda Enzyte Driver

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Daily, if not more often my spam folder has ads for "C A N A D I A N ... P H A R M A C Y"

(spaced the name out as I don't want to increase their Google hits)

A Russian spammer is promoting the above site.

The question that screams in my mind is: "Why do companies like this are in bed with spammers?"

There are probably plenty of people like me that if a company spams or robo-calls me, I will NEVER buy from them. So where are the losers that support such spam-supported sites?

2. 2k1Toaster

2k1Toaster Brand New Prius Batteries

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Generally they are not companies, they are facades that take your credit card info and never ship anything. Or some actually do ship product so it is not as suspicious and months later start racking up credit card charges.

3. dbcassidy

dbcassidy Toyota Hybrid Nation, 8 Million Strong

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Countries like NK, China, Iran, even the U.S, hack, sell, buy private info for their own interests.

DMVs collect, sell your personal info, make money at it, w/o informing you.:mad:

Welcome to the cyberwar. :(

DBCassidy

4. 2k1Toaster

2k1Toaster Brand New Prius Batteries

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Countries get info for different purposes. They aren't sending out spam as a nation.

DMV's or your mortgage company and all of them sell your info if you let them. They do let you know, you just have to read the fine print. If you don't read, then sure it could be without being informed. But in the thousands of pages that was my mortgage there was a small two sentences on the right for them to sell my address and personal details to snail mail spammers essentially. And 2 months after getting the mortgage, I got mail spam for the first time. It was expected. :)

5. DavidA

DavidA Prius owner since July 2009

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Many legitimate companies try to raise their company search hits by teaming up with an SEO (Search Engine Optimization) company which promises to increase their web profile visibility on the net. Only problem is many of the SEO companies go rogue with spam, and many even on post on forums just like this one, which you may never see because the mods and admins eliminate it and ban the spammers quickly. The business that hires them might not ever know what crap the SEO company does to actually dirty the name of the company by spamming.

6. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    We're getting:
    1. "Do you know your VA loan interest rate?" - blind calls
    2. "Your business needs our credit card processing service." - blind calls
    3. "We are running out of 2003-2010 Prius to sell." - postal mail
    4. " Bob here" . . . "Can I speak to Robert Wilson?" . . . "Yes, that is me." - foreign accent 'business opportunity' to 'schedule an appointment at your business address.'
    5. "Conducting a medical study." - blind call on cell phone
    Thieves by phone and junk mail.

Bob Wilson

7. dbcassidy

dbcassidy Toyota Hybrid Nation, 8 Million Strong

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    "Please stay on the line, your call is important to us. All of our operators are currently busy. Your call maybe monitored by a supervisor. You are next in line" - Yeah Right!!!:sick:

DBCassidy