1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

How to replace driver's mirror?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by neocon_artist, Feb 2, 2009.

1. caymandiver75

caymandiver75 Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I received my replacement mirror today and did the swap. I took a few photos along the way to document just how easy it is and to help you all save the $95 that the dealerships will charge you. I replaced my mirror with a new mirror assembly $178.59 part number (87940-47101) and a new painted GREY mirror cover $31.01 part number (87945-68010-PO) that I ordered through toyotapartsoverstock.com.
    Step 1:

Pull the tweeter assembly off. If the white clip on the bottom doesn't come with it you'll just have to use some pliers and pull it out and place it back in the assembly.

[​IMG]

Notice the white clip in the assembly? This is where it belongs.​
    [​IMG]
    Step 2:​
    Remove door panel by taking out 2 screws. One behind the door lever and the other is located at the bottom of the door pull. To get to the one around the lever you will need to pop the cover piece off. Once the screws are out you can then pull gently working from the bottom to pop the rest of the door panel off. Several of those white clips hold the door in place so you'll also want to make sure they come off with the door panel otherwise you'll be pulling them out with pliers. Once all clips are popped you can then lift up on the door panel which will remove it from the door. ​
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Step 3:​
    This is what it looks like behind the tweeter assembly. You probably won't have those extra foam pieces like I do since I added them earlier when I was trying to isolate a whistle noise that was taken care of. At this point you will need to unplug the mirror as well as remove the tweeter from the assembly.​
    [​IMG]
    Step 4: ​
    Remove the (3) 10mm nuts that hold the mirror assembly to the car and remove. Be careful as it could potentially fall. The below picture is what you'll see once the mirror is removed.​
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    OLD vs NEW​
    [​IMG]
    Step 5:​
    Place new mirror assembly on the car by pulling power cord through and tightening the (3) 10 mm nuts and then connecting the power cord.​
    Here is the new mirror in place (minus) the painted cover)​
    [​IMG]
    Step 6:​
    Install door panel (see step 1 and do reverse)​
    Step 7:​
    Install tweeter assembly​
    Step 8:​
    Place mirror cover onto mirror assembly. Notice the tabs. You'll line up the tabs on the base of the mirror assembly and push the cover on from bottom to top. ​
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Completed!​
    [​IMG]

nerfer, nh7o and koolingit like this.
  2. djdoomsday

djdoomsday New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm looking for a little help with this. I saw a video that had me unplug the window switch and I can't get it back in. It seems to slide and then it would lock into place but I can't get it on the lock at all. It's a strange connector.

3. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    If the mirror is from a similar year/gen prius, it should fit the connectors.

SM-N900P ?

4. djdoomsday

djdoomsday New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Sorry, I was talking about the window switch connector, not the mirror.