Welcome to PriusChat

We'd love to have you join our community and participate in the conversation! Sign up for FREE today.

HYBRID, ELECTRIC SURGE As gas prices rise, sales of more fuel-efficient vehicles increase

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by cwerdna, Apr 17, 2012.

Social Buttons

1. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Your Vehicle Year:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hope this isn't a repost. Hope this helps counter the dubious Polk hybrid study crap.

HYBRID, ELECTRIC SURGE | As gas prices rise, sales of more fuel-efficient vehicles increase

2. cycledrum

cycledrum PSOCSOASP

Your Vehicle Year:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
  3. 2k1Toaster

2k1Toaster HID Guru

Your Vehicle Year:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I would rather an article saying

"Gas prices fall to crazy low levels, but people are still smart enough to buy hybrid and electrical vehicles"
    1 person likes this.
  4. El Dobro

El Dobro A Member

Your Vehicle Year:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    The Polk article was the one in the newsmedia around here. Let's see if this article shows up, if at all.
  5. Rybold

Rybold globally warmed member

Your Vehicle Year:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    And the results can be seen just by walking out your front door and walking or driving around town. At least here in Southern California, I have been seeing A LOT of brand new hybrids on the roads - especially the new Prius Liftback, with the fancy new tail lights (not that the previous tail lights aren't neat looking - it's just a different design).
  6. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Your Vehicle Year:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    ^^^
    I see a decent # of hybrids on the road and a few '12 Priuses, but still, if you ever end up in my neck of the woods, I gotta take you around. You'll see an insane # of monstrosity class SUVs.
  7. bdub

bdub New Member

Your Vehicle Year:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I've been noticing more and more Prii on the roads, but there still is a large contingent of huge trucks/SUV's around where I live.