1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

I joined the club!

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by Tylor Owens, Aug 2, 2013.

1. Tylor Owens

Tylor Owens New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    III
    This is my 2013 Prius C Three with fog lights, syntec and the 15 inch alloys!

I've averaged 54.4 mpg since I bought it and am having a blast.

Attached Files:

2. DKTVAV

DKTVAV Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Congrats! Good to know fog lights are now standard in 2013 C3.

3. ztanos

ztanos All-around Geek!

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Did you add the fogs? I didn't think the 3 came with fogs.

4. Tylor Owens

Tylor Owens New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    III
    Ah, sorry for the confusion, the 3 I picked out had them added as an option.

ztanos likes this.
  5. Phil 29 Palms CA

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I have a 2012 Pruis C Two. To quickly increase your MPG do the following. 1. Set your tire pressure at 40 PSI. If you have smooth road surfaces go to 42 PSI. Go to youtube and view the vedios on how to hyper glide and driving techniques to increase your MGP! read as many posts on priuschat you can. The knowledge about the Prius C posted as threads on this site will GREATLY increase the knowledge and driving skill to get the most of your beautiful little car. The engineers at TOYOTA have created a fantastic performing little car. It's up to you as the owner to get the most performance and pleasure this little car can provided! Welcome to the Prius C club. I am sure with time you will learn to love and appreciate the fantastic little car TOYOTA has created. I live in the desert and call my car "roadrunner". Enjoy the miles ahead you will have with your car!.... Phil

Tylor Owens, cyeremian and minkus like this.
  6. Phil 29 Palms CA

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    A few other things. Become a member of fuelly.com. it will keep a permanent record of your Prius C MPG. This record will be posted on priuschat when you link fuelly.com to your future priuschat posted threads. One last thing. I live on a hill 1,082 feet above the parking lot of the USMC movie theater on the base 9.2 miles away from my garage in Twentynine Palms, Ca.
    (Note: altitude deturmined ,my the Google World App. Every times I go to the theater to see a movie the Prius C gives me a 99. 9 MPG oN the trip report screen monitor. Using the math formula MPG = Trip Distance times Cost Per Gal ( entered on the settings screen on the last fill up) divided by cost of the trip (shown on the trip report screen). As many trips seen before I will see about MPG = 9.2 x 3.85 / .30 = 118.06 MPG! I have seen this performance many trips to the movies. This is a simple example of the capabilities of the Prius C. Some will say you get 118 MPG traveling 9.2 miles going downhill! What is the MPG traveling an average 1.028 ft. uphill? The answer over about a year and many trips is 54.3 MPG. I ask any reader of this thread. Did TOYOTA create a fantastic little car? I think so. How about you? I apologize for a few typing errors in this thread.

Mpg

minkus likes this.
  7. steveoknievo

steveoknievo Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I agree 100%. Initially I cussed Prius drivers in my gas hog 4x4. I grew a brain and decided to make a positive choice and stop paying $100 a week in gas. This car is beyond impressive and to say it's a fantastic little car is a severe understatement! It will do everything and more that other cars do.. at a pricepoint that anybody can afford.. And you literally get just as many options as upper tier vehicles do at 2x the cost.. It's a superb little thing, it really is.

TheyCmeNow likes this.
  8. Sweet options.
    I seriously have no problem with doing 50+ mpg on most of my trips, and on more than half I get 60+ mpg, today I just broke 2000 miles on my odometer and I'm still like, yeah, another 60+ day for me :cool: so you'll have a blast when you see just how high your mpgs can be

9. TC400

TC400 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Thats great! My 3 didn't come with fogs but alloys and the sun roof :) Congrats!

10. B2FiNiTY

B2FiNiTY Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Congrats!

So how do you turn on and off the fog lights?

11. cyeremian

cyeremian Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I like the tint!!

Tylor Owens likes this.
  12. ewaboy

ewaboy Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Congrats on the new C. After 1.5 years - I'm still fascinated by the way my C gets decent MPG with little change in my driving habits. YMMV

13. Tylor Owens

Tylor Owens New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    III
    Thanks for the welcome. I've signed up on Fuelly and logged my first fill up. I'll link it to my prius chat account today. I still love the car; the only issue is, my wife won't stop borrowing it.

steveoknievo and Rob.au like this.
  14. Tylor Owens

Tylor Owens New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    III
    Thanks! It's factory "legal in NC" tint. Between that and the white paint, entering the car on a hot August day hasn't been the worst experience...yet...

15. Phil 29 Palms CA

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    My 2012 Prius C Two is also the color moonglow. I just turned 1 year old on my car. I still love the color. Living in the desert, moonglow keeps the car cooler in the summer. I can see how TOYOTA named the color. It really does look like the full moon rise at sunset. I also think a white car is safer to drive at night. With the darker color Prius C cars ( black, blue, green and red) the only thing you car see at night is the head and tail lights... Just my opinion.

16. ztanos

ztanos All-around Geek!

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    I drive a Habanero colored one. ;) You can see me rain or shine.

17. Fahfoofnik

Fahfoofnik Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Congrats! I was really into the "Moonglow" color. Had it not cost as much as it did I'd have done it. That said, am happy with silver. But Moonglow does look pretty awesome.

18. ztanos

ztanos All-around Geek!

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Moonglow was my second choice. :D

19. PriusC-illa

PriusC-illa Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Congrats and welcome to the club :)

20. WD0AFQ

WD0AFQ Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Good to have you come join us. You can learn a lot from folks here, I have. This is a neat vehicle. I don't get the mileage many here get but I am in interstate roads mostly. 50 plus is good in my book though. Not a green guy here just a gas miser.
    See you around,
    Dan