1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

I want to switch out the incredibly uncomfortable middle compartment (armrest) on 2003 Prius

Discussion in 'Generation 1 Prius Discussion' started by MilkyWay, Dec 6, 2013.

1. MilkyWay

MilkyWay Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    What do you think? Mine is already broken. The cup holders are the worst engineered I've ever come across in my life. Looks like it will come right off with the two bolts at the bottom.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'd probably just go to a junk yard and get something out of a Lincoln or Cadillac...With good sized cup holders.

2. kutcht1

kutcht1 Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Not a bad idea! Take some measurements and find a good one you like in the U-pull. Mine is still fine except the arm rest is way too low since the seat sits way too high. I actually like the cup holders. Mine work great for the coffee mug I use but have not used anything else yet. Post back as to your findings as I am curiously interested.
    Tomk

3. xpcman

xpcman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    The cup holders in the Gen III (2010 and after) are even worse.

4. yotatoter

yotatoter Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Model:
    I
    there is the 3rd bolt in the front. You have to open the little hatch door and clean all the junk out than you can get to the bolt..I agree with you about them being to low..but to be honest i kinda like the cup holders..

5. LEVE

LEVE Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A