1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Installed Dashcams MFD, Audio, Clock Not Working

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Neda, Oct 30, 2011.

1. Neda

Neda New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi everyone,
    First time posting here, have been digging through the forums but can't find anything on my specific problem though I did find some that helped a little.

I have a 04 standard prius that we picked up at auction a few years back, an ex gov car, to replace the one I had to leave behind when I moved from the US (Australia having right hand drive).

Anyway, everything has been good other than me having trouble adjusting to the lower model till I was nearly hit by a P-plater (newly licensed driver) a month back. That was the last straw and hubby ordered dash cams the next day.

Just installed the second one, but now the centre console electronics are dead. After reading a post here I made him check the fuses with the multimeter and one (I think #17?) was fine visually but not receiving power. He wired it up so that it was but still no MFD, clock or radio.

Any further suggestions on what to do? I know there have been a lot of similar posts about the MFD but this is slightly different (self inflicted). Hubby is planning on taking it into the dealership since he's spent three days on it and can't quite get it, I'm thinking theyll take one lookmand charge us $40k for the new prius!

^_^

P.S. Sorry about the backstory, and the non technicalness, some if us wimmins are like that.

2. Neda

Neda New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Update:
    Hubby says he's tested dome fuse and it is fine. #17 panel fuse is fine but there is no power going to it (correction on earlier post )