1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

iPod classic menu scramble

Discussion in 'Prius v Audio and Electronics' started by Poppop, Aug 29, 2012.

1. Poppop

Poppop New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    V
    When I connect my iPod classic via USB cable in my new ('12) Prius and try to use the on-screen menu, all the playlists are mixed in with individual songs. I would have to scroll alphabetically through almost 2000 songs to find what I want. I assume I would have crashed the car by the time I found "Zipadee Do Dah." Does anyone else have this problem? Anyone know how to fix it?

2. mcmoyer

mcmoyer Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Would the voice control option work? That's how I control my audio choices.

3. Poppop

Poppop New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Not really... too many of the >6000 "songs" on my iPod have names like "1st Movement" or "adagio sustenuto".
    The thing that seems weird is that the car knows what a folder is... if I touch a folder in the menu screen I get to a list of all the songs in the folder. The problem is that at the top level it lists everything... the folders and the folder contens all on the same level alphabetically.

4. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Do you have a Prius v wagon?

You might just be better off using a 3.5 mm male to male cable and the aux input.

A lot of people who say that want iPod integration and so on don't realize that it's not necessarily a good thing and depends a lot of the implementation of the UI on the car side. Then there's the issue of the naming of songs, artists, playlists, etc.

5. GerryL

GerryL Master Model Railroader

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    The car seems to understand playlists on my 4th gen iPod, and doesn't mix them in with song titles at all. Maybe apple changed the way they code that stuff between the Classic and 4th gen.

Now, if they could just program the car to NOT start playing the first song the second you plug the iPod in. If audio is OFF, I want audio to STAY OFF.