1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Is the Prius Care Extended Maintenance Package worth it?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by HeidiE, Aug 2, 2014.

1. HeidiE

HeidiE New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Five

Most similar threads seem to relate to the extended warranty packages so this is a bit different I guess.

Has anyone done the math on this? I just purchased a 2014 Prius and got talked into a $1600 75K extended maintenance plan which includes every 5K tire rotations, every 10K synthetic oil changes and then all the other scheduled maintenance up to 75K miles.

I wonder how much they inflate the prices to make this look like a good deal? I'm regretting purchasing this. I bought my car two weeks ago, thinking to call and see if I can cancel this.

Anyone have experience with this issue?

Thanks!

Heidi

2. DoubleDAZ

DoubleDAZ Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Are you sure it's just scheduled maintenance and not an extended warranty that includes the maintenance?

3. ftl

ftl Explicator

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
  4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    it's probably worth $6-800. depending on what the dealer typically charges. don't forget, you get the first 2 oil and filter free and tyre rotate to 25k. there's a couple air and cabin filters in there, and the typical useless inspections. you can cancel and get your money back.

5. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    I don't mean this in jest; the math is dead simple: whoever's selling the insurance expects to make a profit. You might come out ahead, if you have bad mechanical luck, and they don't weasel out, but your best bet would be to just have a rainy day fund.