1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Joining the crowd

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Reagle, Mar 17, 2012.

1. Reagle

Reagle Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I've been a hybrid driver for the last five years, driving a 2007 Civic Hybrid. It's been great when the conditions are just perfect (wind in the back, flat road, warm weather), but mileage quickly drops if any of these are not there. And I drive a lot of hills daily. So I've always looked at Prius as the ultimately refined hybrid. Plus it helps that there is a very large and active community here, so after listening to whatdrives podcasts, reading the posts and test driving, we've finally put a deposit on a Blizzard Pearl 2012 III with a solar roof. Pretty excited to get it, though have to wail till the end of March till it arrives here. HCHII stays in the family, replacing an old Bonneville. So our average mileage (a CAFE number for families, anyone?) should hover somewhere north of 45+ mpg :) With my HCHII driving style, I am thinking I can easily get high 50s on a Prius.
    So now on to making a list of must have accessories. Car is coming with rear bumper applique and carpet mats as the configuration they had it i.

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    congrats and :welcome: all the best!

3. spiderman

spiderman wretched

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Welcome aboard and enjoy the ride. Do keep in mind you will also see a hit in FE with the Prius as well. Mine is about 10 mpg during the winter months. My neighbor with an 09 HCH claims about 5 mpg hit. I am also running studded snow tires.

4. ETC(SS)

ETC(SS) The OTHER One Percenter.....

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Greetings!
    and....Welcome Aboard!!

:welcome: