1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Just installed rebuilt HVb but MFD won't come on??

Discussion in 'Generation 1 Prius Discussion' started by vaughnstark777, Nov 14, 2014.

1. vaughnstark777

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Model:
    I
    Before I pulled the HV battery I was using the MFD to check and see how the battery was charging after I reset the codes. I got to see what I was looking for before the check engine light came on and the MFD turned to the warning icons. So I pushed the "DISPLAY" button, hoping there was a way to get back to the other screen, but instead I saw the option to turn off the screen so I tried that. Didn't help.

So I went on to pulling the HV, tearing it down, replaced the one bad module (all but that one were over 8v), cleaned and shined all the buss bars and module studs, put it back together and reinstalled it.

It started right up and is cycling the ICE on and off, as I think would be about normal for idling in below freezing weather.

The only problem so far is that the MFD won't come back on. It displays the radio and CD functions fine but not the fuel economy and ICE/HV monitoring????

Thank for the help that is alway forthcoming:)

#1 vaughnstark777, Nov 14, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2014
  2. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV

Try pushing the 'info' button ... then select either trip info or energy info from the touchscreen.

Hope this helps,
    -Chap

3. vaughnstark777

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Model:
    I
    I don't feel bad when you prius vetrans talk circles around me because I tell myself "I'm learning" and learning is not so hard on my ego. But this on this one I have a red face of embarrassment.:X3:
    Thank you Chap:)

4. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I never thought it any too obvious myself. :)

-Chap