1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Just Installed Scanguage II 2008 Prius Pkg 2

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by hammy, Jun 27, 2008.

1. hammy

hammy Prius Addict

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Installed Scan Guage 2 in five minutes today. Mounted it in the Flip down compartment below the radio. Drilled small hole in back of compartment. Ran the cable behind plastic molding next to gas pedel on hump then up to compartment. No programming needed. The gauge figured out what kind of car it was and all the readings are accurate. I recomend it!

2. Sheepdog

Sheepdog C'Mere Sheepie!

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    yep have had one for a couple months. :Love mine. I use RPM TPS GPH IGN on mine.

3. Dipstick

Dipstick New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Hey there, does the cable just drop down through the panel. I understand the route you took, but I wondering how I can know where my cable end is going to be when I try feed it up from under the panel...

Is it all empty space in there, how can I match it up to the hole I drill in the flip-down compartment?

Any pics from anyone who's done this install?

Cheers.

4. Dipstick

Dipstick New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius

Nevermind...I drilled my hole, poked a wire through until it came out the bottom of the panel, taped my cable to it, and pulled it back the other way. 10 minute install, and it friction fits really nicely into the flip down compartment.

Cheers,
    Bruce

5. EQman

EQman New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Where did you drill the hole? I do not want to drill into something important. Never know what is behind the bin.

6. Dipstick

Dipstick New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I went straight through the back of the bin, on the bottom left corner. That was the only way I could position my drill, and there was nothing immediately behind the hole.

7. 13Plug

13Plug Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Make sure you go set the engine size (in litres) so all the gauges are accurate.

I have a ScanGauge II that I put in my 2008 Prius sometimes. I find that the ScanGauge turns off when the gas engine is off, and then when the gas engine kicks in again, the scangauge does not come back on. I'm tired of hitting a button so I don't even use it anymore.

Am I alone on that or is this happening to others too? It would be nice to monitor things but I'm not willing to hit a button to keep the display active all the time.

8. ufourya

ufourya We the People

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I don't know if this will solve your problem. When you say 'sometimes' does that mean you move it from vehicle to vehicle? If so, I think you need to let the ScanGauge know that its in a hybrid. When going through the set-up, did you select 'hybrid' when choosing fuel type? This is not intuitive and maybe has something to do with your situation.

9. zenMachine

zenMachine Just another Onionhead

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    You must set fuel type to hybrid. Otherwise the ScanGauge will think that every time the engine shuts down you're actually turning the car off!!!

10. westy72658

westy72658 Jim Coleman Toyota in Bethesda, Maryland

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced

I had to program the Scan Guage 2 that I just purchased. I am curious how your Scan Guage knew that you plugged it in to a hybrid?

11. zenMachine

zenMachine Just another Onionhead

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    By setting the Fuel Type to "hybrid".

12. shar1950

shar1950 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Do you set it up first and then let connect ?
    When I plug my in it just stays on connecting and then just goes to sleep, I then push home and it comes back on and never get connected. How do I fix this problem ? I have a 2007 Prius.

13. CharlesJ

CharlesJ Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius

Turn the car on to ready and put it in park. then, find the section to enter the car particulars. It should be in the manual.

14. bfd

bfd Plug-In Perpetuator

Close to SDSU in the Far Southwest Corner of Cali
    Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    :rockon: This is exactly why I've been coming to P'Chat since I bought my Prius in January. Another question answered, another problem solved.