1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

1. rufaro

rufaro WeePoo, Gen II

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(eagle33199 @ Jun 23 2006, 07:02 AM) [snapback]275761[/snapback]</div>
    Extremely small is fine. OTOH, I think I'd rather reprogram my brain than be the insignificantly small sampling of one whose keyfob is fried by a cellphone, thank you! :eek:

2. unheardthreat

unheardthreat New Member

sooo.. i started this posted a few months ago, but i was wondering if anyone else had this problem recently. ive been using the key to get in the car, but it starting to bug me now, cause id rather have a working keyless entry. the battery is fine, but has anyone ever fixed this problem? or had any experience with this? maybe the reciever had a loose cord on it, where would it be located at? thanks everyone

3. thymectomy2003

thymectomy2003 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(unheardthreat @ Nov 24 2006, 05:56 AM) [snapback]353658[/snapback]</div>
    I don't own a Prius and only found this web site as I was trying to solve my own problem. Maybe this will help but I am fairly certain it is an unrelated issue. But if anyone has any ideas, please let me know.

My FOB for my car will not work SOMETIMES and ONLY when parked in my driveway or in the immediate vicinity of my home. It ALWAYS works anywhere else I might go. I know it isn't a FOB problem because other people have experienced the same thing at my house. If the FOB is not working then neither is the remote for my garage door. I have not discovered any other items that won't work at these times. I have this problem for a few days at a time and then the issue goes aways for a few days. I have turned off all of the electricity in my house and the FOB still will not work so I assume I am eliminating any problems associated with interference with electrical devices in my home. I have turned off my cell phone, disconnected my cable and the modem. I have had the electric company come to my house and they think I'm crazy.

So, to answer your question, yes. I have had problems with my FOB. Are you experiencing any other similar issues? HELP!!

4. TheAnnoyingOne

TheAnnoyingOne New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(unheardthreat @ Nov 24 2006, 02:56 AM) [snapback]353658[/snapback]</div>
    I'll ask this slowly: H A V E Y O U T R I E D T H E O T H E R F O B

P.S: It is RECEIVER

5. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(The Annoying One @ Jul 28 2007, 01:36 PM) [snapback]486712[/snapback]</div>
    People, the dude probably got the battery changed a half year ago. The posted date feature is a wonderful thing. :p

6. dmkoch

dmkoch New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Unheard,
    Not sure if you've found the answer since your original post was a year ago...but maybe this will help someone else. I had the exact same proble. Both fobs just stopped working one day for no apparent reason. We replaced the batteries, checked the fuses and searched the web for an answer. Our dealer wanted to charge us $70 just for the privelage of looking into it. We finally found the info we'd been looking for from another Prius forum. We tried it and it worked the very first time. You'll have to reprogram both fobs. Here it is;
    1. Driver door open, no key in slot, door unlocked.
    2. Put valid key in and out of slot twice within 5 seconds.
    3. Close and open driver door twice.
    4. Insert and remove key in slot.
    5. Close and open driver door twice.
    6. Insert key in slot and close door.
    7. Press power on, then off in one second interval. (this is add mode)
    8. Remove key from slot.
    9. Car should lock and unlock door once for add mode.
    10. Press both buttons on transmitter at the same time.
    11. Within 3 seconds, press on button on transmitter.
    12. Car should respond with one lock and unlock. 2 means it failed.
    13. Open door or put key in slot.
    END

Good luck.

thobbs likes this.
  7. ampollick

ampollick New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I just tried this to fix smart key issues, and got the 2 lock/unlock fail code from step 12, five times in a row. Is there anything else I can try without going to the dealer???

8. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    The procedure listed in post #26 is not for Prius with the Smart Entry / Smart Start system. It is for Prius without that system - note the author of that post has option pkg 1.

9. thobbs

thobbs New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    I
    I can confirm that this worked for my 2009 Prius base-level package with the black logo FOB (no fancy keyless entry). Finally!

I had replaced the battery on the FOB and checked all of the doors. My model didn't have the black button below the steering column at all. This took a couple of tries and then worked magically.

10. PocketRebel

PocketRebel New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A

I cannot believe this just worked. Honestly, I took a look at these instructions and thought it was a joke to see how many idiots would try it. I did. It worked. Thanks so much! Where is stuff like this listed? I've done some searches for how to reset things and now this. I've only found it online. Is this something that only Toyota techs know so people have to bring their cars in and get charged a bunch of cash so they can take a minute to do some crazy, multi-step process?

11. Rocket Man

Rocket Man Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Toyota techs have other tools at their disposal (a plug-in device that allows direct connection to the 'guts' of the vehicle).
    That device allows them to accomplish the task in a much more direct manner, and therefore charge for the service.