1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

lemon law for new cars

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by house2013, Aug 2, 2014.

1. house2013

house2013 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    does anybody here had fight for lemon law for new cars?

2. qdllc

qdllc Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I'd just Google for the lemon law statute for Nevada. It pretty much spells out what you have to do before the law kicks in and fights for you.

3. cproaudio

cproaudio Speedlock Overrider

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    claiming lemon law on rattles? or claiming lemon law due to buyers remorse? hmm, please keep us posted. I'd like to see the outcome. BTW, I don't know about NV but in CA, lemon law applies to the first 18 months or 18,000 miles of purchase if
    1, the problem can cause serious injury or death when driven and the problem has been repaired two or more times and the buyer has notified the manufacturer.
    2 The same problem has been repaired four or more times and the buyer has notified the manufacturer of the problem
    3 The vehicle is out of service for total of more than 30 days since delivery of the vehicle.
    If I were you and am dead set on claiming lemon law, I'd take my car to the dealer once a week and keep notifying Toyota about the problem. Once you've done it 5 or 6 times, claim your lemon law.

4. JimboPalmer

JimboPalmer Tsar of all the Rushers

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
  5. fuzzy1

fuzzy1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    That is the same thing I must ask. I didn't know that rattles were covered.