1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Lexus Launches GS450h in Japan

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by ken1784, Mar 16, 2006.

1. ken1784

ken1784 SuperMID designer

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    http://www.toyota.co.jp/en/news/06/0316.html

Tokyo, March 16, 2006 — Lexus launched in Japan today the GS450h as the first hybrid sedan in the Lexus lineup. The GS450h, powered by the world's first hybrid system designed specifically for rear-wheel-drive passenger vehicles, is available through "Lexus" dealers nationwide.

The GS450h is emblematic of the GS series, aiming—in the GS fashion and in line with the Lexus concept of providing peace of mind even during high-speed driving—to offer, with its newly developed rear-wheel-drive hybrid system, advanced environment performance and a driving experience that stimulates people's sensitivities beyond mere numbers and performance.

2. V8Cobrakid

V8Cobrakid Green Handyman

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    3. Advanced Technologies

* The new GS450h features a Pre-crash Safety System with a driver-monitoring function that can not only perceive other vehicles and obstacles on the road ahead, but also detects the direction of the driver's face (world's first*2), providing outstanding collision-injury reduction performance.
    * A NAVI/AI-AVS System*3, which optimally controls the dampening force of the shock absorbers based on road information from the navigation system and accumulated road surface grade difference information to enhance maneuverability and cruising stability, comes standard.

I think we get the pre crash safety system.. but do we get the.. uh.. Navi/ai-avs system too? i'll call it AI Nav... i guess.

The GS450h possesses a hybrid vehicle-exclusive engine cover and emblems on its side door moldings and rear.

Hybrid badges would be pretty cool. My mom complains that her 400h isn't badged.

one thing mentioned that i think we get... the lane assist... uh.. thing. to help you say in a lane just incase you start to wonder a little... i'm guessing it's part of the pre crash safety system " detects obsticles ahead"... fall into that category?

3. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I don't think the RX has pre-crash.

4. V8Cobrakid

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    i wasn't saying "we as in our 400h" i was saying we as in "us 450h gs version"

5. ken1784

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
  6. ken1784

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Lexus Announces Certified EPA-Estimated Mileage Figures for GS 450h Luxury Performance Gas/Electric Hybrid Sedan
    http://pressroom.toyota.com/Releases/View?...YT2006031732174

The GS 450h has an EPA-estimated combined fuel-economy rating of 26 miles-per-gallon (mpg), with EPA-estimated fuel economy of 25 mpg city/28 mpg highway.

Ken@Japan

7. V8Cobrakid

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    cool :)

I thought it was going to be rear wheel and not all wheel..o well.. even better :D