1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Looking for a Seattle area alignment shop

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by FreydNot, Mar 10, 2014.

1. FreydNot

FreydNot Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm about to purchase new tires (Bridgestone Ecopia 422 from Costco) and would like to also get an alignment. I've noticed some uneven wear on the front tires and I figure this is the time to address it.

I've had good overall service from the Toyota dealership in Renton and lousy service from the Toyota dealership in Kirkland.

I'm guessing I would get better results from a independent alignment shop vs a dealership, but I am interested in hearing opinions.

Can anyone recommend a place in the Seattle area you are happy with?

I've attached photos of my old, warn out tires. They are Ecopia 422's and have around 46k miles on them. I totally failed to keep up with the rotation schedule and it shows.

Thanks!

2. cyberpriusII

cyberpriusII Prodigyplace says I'm Super Kris

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Actually, while I have some friends in the Redmond area (they work for some large company, build things that have to do with windows?), I do not have any specific experience with alignment shops in the Seattle area.

Having said that, having no experience whatsover to base my opinion on has never stopped me before.

So....have you considered the big dog -- Les Schwab?

I will not use the two closest locations to me in my part of Oregon because of past experiences.

But, I have had wonderful experiences at some other Schwab shops in the region and friends of mine in other areas (even a couple of friends in my area) think they are great.

YMMV -- the other option, I guess, would be Discount Tire. A friend told me about a good job the shop in Shoreline did for her when she had a tire failure.

They have locations in the Kirkland, Redmond area, also. You can check their Web site.

Thinking about it, I think I might just try Discount Tire, if I were you. I also had a great experience with Discount Tire in my area.