1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Mercedes' study finds consumers are "confused" about alternative fuels

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by cwerdna, Oct 8, 2010.

1. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Mercedes' study finds consumers are "confused" about alternative fuels — Autoblog Green

Excerpt from press release:
    Oh well... I guess we all have a long way to go.

2. macmaster05

macmaster05 Senor Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Wow, only '48 percent said they, "would be interested in purchasing an alternative fuel vehicle but are not sure about what type to get (e.g., hybrid, electric, diesel)' That means the majority of people are happy with their gas guzzling ways. I pity them.

3. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Funny how the study says "Americans are having a hard time figuring out what to make of all these choices..."

Like it's any easier for anybody else

4. tonyrenier

tonyrenier I grew up, but it's still red!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Actually, I pity our grandchildren.
    By the way, I was adopted and my original birth certificate had my name as Michael MacMaster. My Bio-father was a bigomist who's actual last name was Tremain he apparently had an aquaintance who's last name was MacMaster. He was from Kansas City, MO.
    I was born in 1949

5. tonyrenier

tonyrenier I grew up, but it's still red!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Oh, and I hope everyone's seen the Mercedes commercials for their "amazing" E Class that can do almost everything a Prius with the ATP can.
    What a hoot.
    Tony Renier

6. 2k1Toaster

2k1Toaster Brand New Prius Batteries

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    As someone who was recently educated in the states and in Canada and who has a few close friends in Europe and quite a few in Canada, I can say the educational system in the states is abismal at best. I do think this directly cooresponds with the almost laughable public intelligence on this or any other matter that doesn't involve pop-culture or MTV.

7. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    15 years ago, we had an E-300. What a gas guzzling slug. And THAT is by no means their REAL land barge. Here's what's REALLY comical. Mercedes often has the absolute WORST fuel economy of any manufacturer ... opting to accept hundreds of dollars in fuel economy penalty "fine" costs, to each of their fuel guzzlin' hogs (see CAFE charts) in stead of going efficient. So why is it that a Mercedes' study about alternative fuels shows the customer confused ... is it because we are a bunch of dummies? Or is it because Mercedes isn't interested in making a nice family car that runs on electricity. That's a big bunch of money you have to pay for that big ol MB V8 ... right?

2010 Mercedes-Benz E550 Full Test and Video on Inside Line
    Bahhh . . . what do you expect for a car weighing in at over 2 tons, with a 5.5 liter V8
    ;)