1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Monitoring inverter and MG's when towing

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by Britprius, Aug 13, 2014.

1. Britprius

Britprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Needing to monitor inverter and MG temperatures while towing my caravan I came up with this solution. Running Priidash on my interior mirror.
    I use this when towing my caravan with a camera on the rear of the van to give a clear view of what is behind me.
    The screen has two composite video inputs, and will run PAL or NTSC. This allows me not only to be clearly see following traffic, but also allows monitoring of vital temperatures. Selection of the input is via the second touch screen button from the bottom or by infrared remote control. This leaves the MFD clear for normal functions.

The system consists of an ancient IBM laptop with a VGA to PAL converter card meant for a desktop PC to convert the VGA to PAL for the LCD mirror. This is under the drivers seat with all wiring hidden to keep things neat and tidy. The laptop is powered by a 12 volt to 19 volt converter with a 5 volt USB charger output that supplies the VGA converter. The internal laptop battery died years ago[​IMG][​IMG]

John (Britprius)

#1 Britprius, Aug 13, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2014
    jdcollins5 likes this.