1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

MPG trip vs fuelly

Discussion in 'Gen 1 Prius Plug-in 2012-2015' started by Pasaman, Feb 24, 2014.

1. Pasaman

Pasaman Active Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    LE
    I am still getting the hang of this car. I just had my 2nd fill up. I put in 6.301 gallons and went 587 miles or 93.2 mpg. I use trip A for total on the car and trip B for the current tank. My trip B showed 86mpg when I filled up. Does the car show differently because it takes the EV miles into account or how does it come up with the 86mpg?

I charge everyday and use all the EV miles so I probably did well over 100 miles EV since I last filled up. But if I remove 100 miles or so it out me below 75mpg so I'm lost how the car came up with this number.

2. Priusmpg

Priusmpg Active Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    trip b is does take into account the lack of electric use
    trip a should've been higher before you did your second tank if you used more electric both trips run together but "b" will be for just that tank and will akes the EV miles into account

3. Pasaman

Pasaman Active Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    LE
    If it does take the EV miles into account it still doesn't make sense. I'm at 28% EV so far. This means I probably did 165 EV miles or so on this last tank. So meaning 587-165 = 422 miles on gas divided by 6.301 gallons = 67mpg not the 86mpg the readout is showing.

4. mmmodem

mmmodem Senior Taste Tester

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    The PiP does not include electricity to calculate mpg. It's strictly gasoline consumption. It's usually optimistic showing better fuel economy than actual by about 10%. It's odd that it would show lower than your actual.

iPhone ?