1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Must…turn off…music!

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by robman101, Jun 13, 2014.

1. robman101

robman101 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I just bought my first Prius and I'm still learning the ins and outs, and a couple issues with the onboard computer has me *this close* to just abandoning it altogether, from the unintuitive address input on the navigation, its slowness, and the way it insists on playing music from my iphone regardless of how often I push pause. Seemingly anything can make it play the music again, right down to adjusting the volume. Problem is that a bluetooth connection is important for allowing the map directions from my iphone to play over the car's speaker system, and the computer's default is to play my phone's music no matter what. Is there any way to make it stop doing this?

Also, any info on why the onboard computer is just so slow? I feel like like I'm loading giant programs on an old IBM pc. Should I be doing any software updates?

Thanks for any help.

My dealership turned off the reverse beep and seatbelt alarm, thank god for that...

2. ftl

ftl Explicator

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Sounds like you have an old version of Entune, the software which runs the navigation and audio systems. One of the common complaints was the automatic playing of iPhone music, fixed in later versions.

Check the version at Setup > General > System Information (scroll down). If it's anything other than 3.2.0 you can do the update yourself by following these instructions at the ToyotaNation forum.

robman101 likes this.
  3. robman101

robman101 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    My version is 2.2.

Wow….

4. fuzzy1

fuzzy1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Mine was 1.7.1. I fished out the USB upgrade stick, received nearly two years ago when I still had only a dumb phone, from my files and applied it. Now it is up to 2.1.0.
    ---------------
    P.S. Now up to date with 3.2.0. The Bluetooth autoplay that rapidly depleted the battery on my semi-smart phone is now fixed.

#4 fuzzy1, Jun 13, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2014
  5. ftl

ftl Explicator

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Despite Toyota issuing TSBs listing all the fixes in later versions of Entune, most dealers either didn't know about the updates, didn't want to do them, or wanted to charge for them. On one service visit I specifically requested the current Entune update, but when I picked the car up they hadn't done it, and I had to show them the TSB on my phone before they would install the update.

It was really handy when the guys at ToyotaNation made the two most recent updates available for anyone to install.

6. robman101

robman101 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Alright, so I've had a chance to drive around and all the things I complained about are still there, from the unintuitive map address input to the music coming on all the time. What was 3.2 supposed to address, exactly?

7. ftl

ftl Explicator

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Here are the fixes included in 3.1.0 and 3.2.0:

3.1.0:
    2012 model year vehicles equipped with a Display Audio Navigation System and Entune (version less than 2.1.0) may exhibit one or more of the following conditions:
    • Vehicle orientation slow to update after vehicle startup
    • Five Bing™ search results are not all displayed on the map
    • Voice recognition destination request does not provide feedback
    • Voice recognition for POI search displays "Function not available" message
    • "Car Multimedia" device name cannot be changed
    2012 – 2013 model year vehicles equipped with a Display Audio Navigation System (Non-HDD) and Entune (version less than 2.2.0) may exhibit one or more of the following conditions:
    • “Address non-navigable” message when using the navigation system
    • Head unit audio does not switch correctly between day and night modes
    • Dynamic re-route navigation setting is not remembered after ignition cycle
    • Traffic Radius Filter setting is not remembered after ignition cycle
    • “You have arrived at your destination” message gives incorrect side of street
    • Head unit does not display incoming iPhone® iOS 6 text message sender ID
    • Head unit does not fully display incoming iPhone® iOS 6 text messages which include carriage
    returns (line breaks)
    2012 – 2014 model year vehicles equipped with a Display Audio Navigation System (Non-HDD) and Entune (version less than 3.1.0) may exhibit one or more of the following conditions:
    • Turn-by-turn guidance is not given when routing through unverified roads (“In Process Map Data” message displays in turn list)
    • Call volume through speakers is very loud upon first-time phone pairing (for Highlander, Tacoma, and Venza vehicles with JBL)
    • iPod® and iPhone® (in iPod mode) autoplays when connected via USB
    • Bluetooth® (BT) devices (in Bluetooth audio mode) autoplays when connected to the system

3.2.0:
    Some 2012 – 2014 model year vehicles equipped with a Display Audio Navigation System (Non-HDD) and Entune™ (version less than 3.2.0) may exhibit one or more of the following conditions:
    • Roads flash on and off in certain zoom levels (when Entune is in use)
    • Discolored bands appear across the screen (when Entune is in use)
    • Map area on the screen is black and only buttons are visible (when Entune is in use)
    • Navigation freezes (when Entune is in use)
    • When Bluetooth is the last audio mode selected in previous ignition cycle, audio source switches back to Bluetooth when another source is selected immediately after the engine starts