1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Nav - Getting Addresses From Phone Contacts (Solved)

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by DoubleDAZ, Jul 11, 2014.

1. DoubleDAZ

DoubleDAZ Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    New Prius owner and I must be doing something wrong or things don't work the way I think they do.
    Prius 4 w/6.1" nav.
    Most of my phone (Razr HD w/Verizon running Android 4.4.2) contacts have addresses entered.
    The phone is paired via Bluetooth and contacts were synced.

I select a contact that supposedly has an address (contact is not grayed out) and try to use the address for adding to My Destinations or just plain navigating and they always say Address Not Found On Map (or something to that effect). The same addresses entered manually work just fine and I can save them to My Destinations, etc.

The phone compatibility charts on the Toyota site contradict each other. If you go through the site entering the applicable car/phone data, it says the phone is compatible with Entune, but not Hands Free, Audio Streaming or SMS Text. However, if you open the pdf chart, it says it is compatible with everything except SMS Text and it does seem to work just fine with Hands Free. Is it possible that while it's compatible, it may not be fully compatible and is not syncing the address data? Or am I doing something wrong?

I could find no troubleshooting tips in the manual or online, so I figured I'd try here before running back up to the dealer or continuing to waste time trying things. Thanks in advance for any help.

2. DoubleDAZ

DoubleDAZ Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Nobody? Not even to let me know if I'm trying correctly? :)

Oh well, guess I'll keep trying and then maybe check with the dealer on Monday.

Or wrong forum???

3. robertk328

robertk328 Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Right forum, but may not be enough time for someone who knows to swing by. I haven't tried it in mine, I'll go out and take a look.

4. robertk328

robertk328 Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    This is for the Prius Three w/solar, which doesn't have the same head unit as yours, I don't think. Instructions may be the same, though.
    • Go to the map
    • Lower right "DEST"
    • Choose "My Destinations"
    • Right-most tab is "phone book"

:)

5. DoubleDAZ

DoubleDAZ Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Sorry, wasn't getting impatient, but I did forget it's Saturday. :)

That's what I do and it doesn't seem to find any addresses. Thanks for checking though. At least I know I'm doing it right. Maybe I need to remove the phone and try again from the beginning.

6. DoubleDAZ

DoubleDAZ Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Figured out the problem. I started going through all contacts 1-by-1 and found some took while others were not compatible. Once I figured out to try to add them anyway, some let me alter part of the address it found while others made me enter the whole address. A couple wouldn't offer the street because it disagreed with the zip code. One couldn't find the address because the entire city is PO boxes. However, I zeroed in on it scrolling the map and it came up with the right street address. I'm always amazed when these GPS devices say an address doesn't exist and then it will show it to you on the map.

So thanks, Robert, for at least confirming I was doing things correctly and it was just one of those quirks that we deal with when using Android devices. :) Now to go for a ride tomorrow and see how the nav works compared to my Garmin.

robertk328 likes this.
  7. robertk328

robertk328 Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Glad you got it figured out!