1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

need help on power door locks on an '05

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by dpframing, Jan 17, 2010.

1. dpframing

dpframing "Nobody tells me what to do, not even me."

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    LE
    The power door lock on the rear driver- side door locks and unlocks mechanically but will not respond to the FOB. I took off the inside door panel, and the linkage works. I also replaced the FOB battery. Any help?

2. LEVE

LEVE Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    If the lock does not respond to the remote, the the problem's in the wiring from the lock assembly to the body control module. I'm assuming the body control module is working, as the other locks are unlocking.

3. dpframing

dpframing "Nobody tells me what to do, not even me."

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    LE
    Thanks for the reply.
    I'm hoping that the actuator might just need lubrication but I don't hear a click or sound from the remote on the door lock assembly. The problem is loosening the 3 star-bolts and taking out the lock to check.
    If that doesn't work, then I'm going to check the wiring with a tester as you aptly suggested.

4. LEVE

LEVE Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    You could also simply run a wire from the driver's rear side door plug to the passenger's side rear door plug. Then see if the signal will pull up the lock. If not, then you know it's wire...

Otherwise, yes, your plan is sound. Be careful what you clean/lube the actuator with... some cleaners contain solvents which can eat away plastics.