1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Need wiring info for aux in on JBL stereo (2008)

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by ironandsteel, Jul 5, 2014.

1. ironandsteel

ironandsteel Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I've discussed this here before. Our 2008 has the level 5 trim package which includes the JBL sound system. But- for whatever reason- we do not have a power outlet or aux in on the center console! All I can guess is that maybe this was replaced byt the prev owner?? Anyway, it is definitely not there!

So- I need to wire up an aux in put jack. No problem if I can sleuth it out and determine where to connect. Rather than blindly tear into the radio, I'd like to have an idea of what I'm doing first.

First, Im thinking that the wiring may be under the center console if I pull it out- I mean the factory should have run the power and aux in to the center console area. I guess that would be the first step- pull that console and see if there are any wires, right?

Any insight here would be welcome.

#1 ironandsteel, Jul 5, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2014
  2. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    If your car is a North American model then it should have the 12V outlet and audio input in the center console, located at the inside front. It may not be that easy to find until you know where to look.

Regarding your other query about a failed 12V outlet, the North American models have two fuses that need to be checked. "Check" means you use an ohmmeter to verify continuity; do not rely upon visual inspection.

Consult techinfo.toyota.com (a subscription website) for electrical wiring diagram (EWD) info for your model year. The EWD will show you the fuse locations in the event your owner's manual is not available.

Then, if in fact both fuses are good, the EWD will show you the relay involved and how to find it. Good luck.

3. drmanny3

drmanny3 Member

While I have the 2006 with JBL System. The aux connector for our car is inside the center console adjacent to the extra 12 volt receptacle. If this car did not come with one, there still might be the connectors underneath. Go to the Toyota web site where you can pay a few dollars to gain access to their service manuals. I think the site is Using Techinfo

4. jdenenberg

jdenenberg EE Professor

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius
    Model:
    LE AWD-e
    Send me a PM with your email and I can reply with a PDF of the wiring diagram (It is too large - 6.5 Mbyte - to upload to PC).

JeffD

5. ironandsteel

ironandsteel Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Jeff- I send a message- thanks
    Lynn K

6. jdenenberg

jdenenberg EE Professor

Vehicle: