1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New 2012 Prius II Raleigh, NC. 2 quick questions.

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by djsaugatuck, Nov 27, 2012.

1. djsaugatuck

djsaugatuck New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    So we finally made the leap into a Prius. 15,000 mile per year lease after trading in a 2004 Odyssey. What a difference! $300 a month in gas to under $50. No brainier.

Anybody use a Scotch Gaurd product lately with good results? We have the light grey cloth seats and 2 kids that like to make messes......

Kids... We have a 3 and 5 year old sitting pretty in 2 booster seats with backs right now. Has anybody had good luck with adding a third baby carrier in the middle? Looking toward the future. Maybe step up to the v.

Love it so far. Recent road trip with iPad synced to Bluetooth was awesome for watching movies!

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    congrats and welcome! no idea on your questions tho, sorry!

3. PruisAz

PruisAz Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Welcome! I spend less than $30 every two weeks for 500 miles of driving. My car payment is essentially being payed with my gas saving.

I used one can of Scotchguard enough for two of our vehicles entirely. I spilt ice tea on the passenger seat recently...and after a quick wipe-up, it left no stains. Every new car I have owned has always had it.

For the kids, I'd recommend a towel/suede mat for the back seats. Even Scotch Guard is not prone to kid's wear and tear, especially with the lighter seat fabric. Also careful with having their shoes planted against the upper rears of the front seats.

4. djsaugatuck

djsaugatuck New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Thanks guys! I have used towels in the back seat under the child seats for a long time. Great results. You are not kidding about the shoes on the back of the drivers seat. I am 6'2" so I have to take their shoes off before long trips......

Anybody have any luck with one child seat between two boosters in the back of a Prius?

5. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    You could upgrade to "leather" seating from Clazzio for less than $400. That and some WeatherTeach/Husky floor liners and your car should be well protected from the little ones.

6. Spokanepriusgrl

Spokanepriusgrl Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I have a towel down on my backseat too. It has helped until I can get Scotchguard. I also recommend WeatherTech or Husky liners. I got a Husky set on eBay (brand new) for about $100. With all our slush, those liners have really kept the floors clean!