1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New Prius owner from San Francisco, CA!

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by akh1685, Oct 10, 2014.

1. akh1685

akh1685 Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Hello folks,

I was in the market for a prius and found the right one after 3-4 months of waiting patiently.

The night I got her: (Over saturated the colors / contrast a LOT...)

[​IMG]

48k miles. Pretty sure the (new) tires that were installed before I bought it from the dealer aren't LRR tires... still, I'm playing the MPG game and it seems I'm averaging 47MPG so far -- only had her since Oct. 4, 2014. She is also sitting on Tanabe springs that was installed by the previous owner.

Not in picture:

New 5K HID kit
    White LED interior kit
    Smoke license plate covers
    Dark smoke window deflectors

Planning on putting a yellow tint/vinyl on that fog lights. I'll test how it looks first. Also have a carbon emblem set coming in and carbon vinyl for wrapping something up... haven't decided on what yet.

#1 akh1685, Oct 10, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2014
  2. wjtracy

wjtracy Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Welcome to PriusChat! Well yet another Prius from the state the sells the mostest.

PS- nice choice of color!

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    beautiful, all the best!(y) 47 is pretty sweet out your way.;)

4. Rxgolfer

Rxgolfer Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Congrats! Did you get a good deal? I'm in the bay area as well and I might be in the market for another prius after a damn taxi driver hit me. Which dealership did you go to?

5. akh1685

akh1685 Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I went to Subaru Serramonte in Daly City. Test drove the car, told them I want a certain price. Offered 16.9 -- I declined. Came back to me after 45 minutes and then offered 15.9. Declined. Walked half way out the showroom and manager offers 14.9. Sold. :) After that, horrible experience... but it was the only Prius that was tinted, lowered, and CLEAN inside out (no stains/chips/body damage/etc), and was able to knock off $3000 off the $17,990 price tag!

Rxgolfer likes this.
  6. KennyGS

KennyGS Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Congratulations & welcome. She's a beauty!

7. Rebound

Rebound Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    If you live in SF, you should absolutely, definitely take that car to Luscious Garage for service. They are the hands-down best Prius garage in the nation and you will LOVE them.

8. Rxgolfer

Rxgolfer Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Good to know, thanks! Your car looks great, I think i'm going to try and get a white one after seeing this post. I will definitely check them out after i'm settled from insurance.

9. NoMoreNow

NoMoreNow Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Congrats on your new ride!! And looks great already!

10. southjerseycraig

southjerseycraig Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    As a former resident of the Bay Area, I congratulate you on getting a Prius. The only thing to be aware of is that you must be very careful to check blind spots and align the side view mirrors correctly. But that is true on many new cars these days due to aerodynamic designs.

11. akh1685

akh1685 Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Awesome! Thanks for the heads up! I was thinking of sending my car for any of it's future services to Melody Toyota, but LG looks to be a reputable shop!

Thank you all! I love my new car!

Jeff N likes this.
  12. Rebound

Rebound Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    LG is where dealers send Prius' that they can't repair. When one of the expensive hybrid components fail, LG will diagnose the failure and repair it. Dealerships will just replace entire assemblies, at great expense.

A few years ago, the HID headlamps on Gen II Prius cars began to fail, and dealers were charging over $400 to replace the bulbs, claiming that substantial disassembly was required.

The owner of LG, a woman named Carolyn, posted a YouTube video showing how to replace the bulb without using a single tool, she just showed where to reach in and remove it. Then she said if you can't do it, her mechanics will do it for free.

When I wanted to change my transaxle fluid, my dealer wanted $400, claiming that the fluid had to be flushed. I showed him that wasn't so, but they still wanted $400. Luscious does it for about $125.

13. Okinawa

Okinawa Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Some day when you buy another car consider buying one with the blind spot monitors in the outside mirrors and rear cross traffic alert. Great options that will prevent accidents.