1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New Prius owner.

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by IllinoisPriusGuy, Aug 17, 2014.

1. IllinoisPriusGuy

IllinoisPriusGuy Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Just took delivery of a 2014 Prius 2 last week. After going from a Crown Vic and a Ford Escape as my daily commuter to the Prius I don't know why I didn't do it sooner. I have a 80 mile round trip to work everyday 5 days a week. So right off the bat my fuel bill has been cut in half and then some. Insurance is even cheaper. I had looked at getting a all electric vehicle before the Prius but nothing in my price range had enough battery range to do the round trip without charging. Anyway, hope to learn a lot from everyone here and any tips someone has for a new owner send them my way!

matt b. likes this.
  2. matt b.

matt b. Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    welcome :)maybe you want to check out some YouTube videos put it in Prius in the search

3. Munpot42

Munpot42 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
  4. IllinoisPriusGuy

IllinoisPriusGuy Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Yeah I have watched hours of Prius vids. Thats the main reason I ended up with one. I had also looked into a CNG Civic. I have family in a neighboring state and there isn't currently a CNG station after leaving my area along the way. So Prius it is.

5. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    welcome and congrats, all the best!(y)

IllinoisPriusGuy likes this.