1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New to the Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Husam, Jul 10, 2014.

1. Husam

Husam New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Hello there,
    My name is Husam and i've just leased a 2014 Prius II.
    This is my first Prius and i'll probably keep it forever along with a summer car.

It's really weird that i got the Prius since my DD's were a R53 Mini Cooper S, Audi TT, Hyundai Tiburon, Ford Probe, Infinti G35, Infiniti FX35 yet i found the Prius to be a decent drive

I test drove a 2014 Focus ST before the Prius and while fun, it was a compromise of fuel economy and the annoyance of having a manual (nobody but me can drive it in my house)

I got a decent deal on the base 2014.5 prius for $212 a month with 2900 down, is that the average price for leases?

Also, if anybody has a decently modded Red Prius or just pictures of some, i'd love to see them, so i get ideas on what to do to the car to make it look a little personal.

Thanks.

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    congrats and welcome! i think that is a better than average deal, but it can depend on location. you'll have to chime in on the thread, 'do prius drivers care about the driving experience'. all the best!(y)

3. Husam

Husam New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Thanks you, and i guess the feeling of the electric motor pushing you at full throttle just sold me otherwise it handles like a SUV lol

4. dorunron

dorunron Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Welcome to Prius Chat. Never was fond of leases. Just a fancy name for a rental car. You never own anything in the end. But never the less, you have a great car there that will last a long time. Enjoy the great MPG. Learn how to hypermile and you will really push the numbers up.

Best of luck to you. Prius Chat is the place to be. Plenty of helpful folks here and all the knowledge there is to be that pertains to the Toyota Prius.

Ron (dorunron)

5. KennyGS

KennyGS Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Five
  6. ALMAL

ALMAL New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    That's a great lease deal, I tend to change my car frequently 2-3 years.

7. Husam

Husam New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I'm not fond of leases either, but financially it was better to lease instead of buying so i can have cash in case something pops up.. (20k in house repair last winter)

If i like it after the 2 years, then i'll buy it and my mum/dad will drive it in the summer while i drive a 350Z or something.

So far i like the mileage, except when the battery needs recharging. I got 86mpg on a 2 mile trip to the store yesterday :)

As for mods; i'm looking for wheels that match the red Prius and maybe tints, nothing other than that as i know it's not a sports car.

8. JPTuck

JPTuck Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    We just purchased a 2011 Prius III with only 9400 miles on it. A few minor scrapes the dealership will repair - probably owned by an older couple looking at the mileage and the types/locations of the dings :) So far the wife is very impressed as she moved from a 2010 awd Matrix that had t he 2.4l engine. Nice pep and handling but mileage around 26. So far on her 1st tank she's averaging over 58. She loves that part and that it's larger and for her more comfortable than my C is. Looking forward to many nice trips in the larger Prius especially if the mileage keeps up as it is.

9. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    This is not a Prius, but an example of what should be done to a Red Car.

Attached Files:

10. ibmoses

ibmoses Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    If you have wheel covers like my 2013 they can be removed to reveal some cool split spoke powder coated black wheels.

11. Husam

Husam New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Thanks for the idea,JC91006. tints+ black wheels and some black add ons i guess

Yes i do have the wheel covers but i'm afraid to break them as they feel really stuck on :(

I'll go try again with a screw driver or something

12. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    There's a whole suite of TRD Sportivo suspension packages if you want to lower the vehicle (although with a lease, I'm not sure how much money you want to sink into it this early as you don't know if you want to keep the vehicle afterwards).

13. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    There's a little slot somewhere on the edge of the wheel cover to insert a flatblade screwdriver. Otherwise, just yank really hard (but ensure equal pressure so you don't crack the plastic).

14. Husam

Husam New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    As for the suspension being lowered, i don't think that's such a good idea since we got almost a 100 inches of snow this winter here at Michigan.

Tint + light weight 17's is what i'm going to do hopefully

Also, forgot to include a picture
    [​IMG]

#14 Husam, Jul 11, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2014